DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Does anybody drink absinthe around here any longer?

I only drink when I have company. Or if I'm by myself. B)

Edited by Songcatcher

Oh! I had some Absinthe DuVallon last night! I think it's going to make for some awesome Suissesses(essesses) later.

No, nothing Iike that. I even pm'd Marc about me giving Pacifique another go. Just answering his question and keeping within the boundaries. Pacifique is actually the absinthe that won me back early last year when I had all but given up. Anyway,

Marc could probably handle some pot shots. Whats a little pot between friends afterall?

Edited by greytail

Sippin' a bit of this (Firestone Walker Sucaba 2013), that (AleSmith Old Numbskull) and the other thing (AleSmith Decadence 2012). :3872-DrunkBanana:

AleSmith Decadence 2012.

Deep ruby pour, pillowy, off-white head that dissipates to a lasting ring, Aroma of chocolate, toffee, plum, ginger, rum, raisin, banana and clove. It’s a beautiful scent, but it could be just a tad more pronounced.. Flavor mirrors the aroma, and is extremely elegant and seamless. I think the best compliment I can pay this brew is to say that it reminds me very much of a slightly lighter Westvleteren 12.

Edited by Absomphe

A taste of two of my favorites from the Seattle area and a glass of the house swill just because it's really, really tasty.

I think I have not been enjoying enough absinthe lately.

Enjoyed this National Absinthe Day with a good froggy dose from the bottom of a bottle of Ridge Verte louched in a bubble glass with wild mountain spring water through a balancier and proclaimed,

"Life is good"

:drunk: Sante bitches! :arrr:

Clown Shoes Brewery

:thumbup: :clap: :yahoo: :b-day: :cheers:
Seems you hold it in high esteem Abs! I have been wanting to try some of their beer ever since they worked with Brash Brewery for The Bollocks IPA. It was pretty good and I will definitely try some other offerings in the future. :thumbup:

For now nothing but Tea (Irish Breakfast and Oolong) for me until I beat these allergies. :3869-sadbanana:

Edited by Cajun Magic

So our cocktail of choice tonight was some absinthe. It has been a while since we have partaken of absinthe and it was really good. We really shouldn't take so long between sips!

My choice tonight was "Un Emile" 68 from Pontarlier France. A "bleue" absinthe, so it is clear to start and louches to a not particularly opaque white. Not my favorite Bleue absinthe but still pretty solid. Probably a pretty good choice, really, when you have been away from it for a while, so its lack of complexity isn't quite as obvious.

My friend Michael had the Verte Classique from Marteau, a more classic green (as you can quite clearly tell from its name). It too isn't all that complex, and doesn't louche all that well, although it does have a better louche than the Un Emile. I also didn't hear any complaints from him either, so I assume it went down pretty smoothly.

Hi again!-) :wave2:​

CajunMagic: I'd never even heard of Clown Shoes Brewery until you mentioned it.

I was simply applauding the name, in my enthusiastically Krinkles sort of way. :laugh:

I'm thinking about some afternoon coffee and a glass of Marteau.

The kitchen just got switched to gluten free status. I now have Guinness that has been condemned to a life of unrequited desire.

Perhaps I'll eventually have someone over that will give it a purpose.

:cheers:

(... and the Universe smiles on the Guinness.)

Edited by Hedonmonkey