DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Not really impressed for the price. A bit arrogant if you ask me.

To each his own, as per.

I've had far less impressive barrel aged impys for considerably more than $12 for a bomber.

Kinda surprised you managed to find a bottle, though, since only a relatively few cases escaped the brewery.

Oh, wait...unless you were talking to SC about Arrogant Bastard...there, I'd agree.

Edited by Absomphe

Kinda figgered.

I'd've been shocked (like an electric eel) if Switchback turned up so far from home. :laugh:

A third round of Switchback today.

The coffee aspect is coming through more strongly, but the vanilla, cherry, brandy, and chocolate are still definitely quite present. :thumbup:

Edited by Absomphe

Old Rasputin. I haven't had it in a blue moon and it's like revisiting an old friend! :biggrin:

Thanks Abs for motivating me! :cheers:

SC gotta love that tasty vicious viking beer from scotland! ;)

Edited by Cajun Magic

More Two beers Switchback.

It may not be the best, but this is definitely one of the most complex and beguiling Imperial stouts I've ever had the pleasure of sipping.

Edited by Absomphe

Wow. I could never drink a whole bottle in one night. Good show. Jolly good show.

Touche. I should have clarified that my first bottle of WW arrived yesterday. We did not drink it all. However it was wonderful and I am glad we did pick it up.

Last night was Belgo Anise Imperial Russian Stout. Gf is a beer Drinker and loves Stone Brewery. I enjoy anise [big surprise there] so it was decent but I'm not really a beer drinker. It just made me wish I was drinking absinthe. Tonight looking forward to Heritage absinthe and La Clandestine.

I'm (first and foremost) a beer drinker, and yet Stone Belgo Russian Imperial Stout had me also wishing I were drinking absinthe.

The more I drink various and sundry Stone offerings, of late, the more overrated I think many of their beers are.

I'm (first and foremost) a beer drinker, and yet Stone Belgo Russian Imperial Stout had me also wishing I were drinking absinthe.

The more I drink various and sundry Stone offerings, of late, the more overrated I think many of their beers are.

Yeah, I think they are incredibly overrated. Overpriced food and drinks of sub par quality imo. I can tolerate a few of their specialty beers such as 09-09-09 and 11-11-11 aged in white wine barrles but when you are paying $22+ for a bottle of beer I just don't get it. I can get a bottle of Kübler for the price of two beers and have a dozen glasses and enjoy far more than the beer.