DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I brought a bottle of VP to a birthday party tonight.A lot of curious enthusiastic guests wanted to try it,and they all had the usual questions.Everybody that tried it really liked it.Mission accomplished.

And yet we all consider you virtuous. :twitchsmile:

:hysterical2:

Go back to absinthe, and lay off that crack pipe, buddy! :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe

Jacob Leinenkugel's Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout.

This is brewed by Leinenkugel???!!! Finally, a very fruity(raisins, figs, dates, cherries),complex stout with a velvety body that also boasts the usual coffee and chocolate esters, along with a noticeable soy characteristic, and a long, long finish that has a really appealing char aspect. I think of this one as on a par with Ivan the Terrible it’s that freakin’ good. I definitely feel that if this were brewed by less of a macro, it would be given more respect.

I'm really trying hard to save these new bottles of Ridge and Marteau for the event in April with Julie and Cheryl, up in the Catskills.

It's a good thing Julie sells this stuff, because they are not going to last that long. Tonight is evidence of that.

3 glasses of Blues Cat last night during the game.

This led to an unexpected nap right around the power outage that lasted for about 45 minutes. I woke up when the game was getting good again, so no real loss.

New label on the Zubrsinthe! I liked the old silly drawing of the bison in an absinthe glass better! Oh well, it's good stuff.

I'm having a glass of Soixante Cinq. Really nice.

Well Absomphe haven't had that one in a while. Now I have to pick it up because of you! :dribble: You also motivated me to wear my Old Rasputin shirt tommorow.

SC I am seriously 'mirin! I'd love to hear about them! :thumbup:

Just made a sidecar with the new Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao that David Wondrich helped create. I gotta tell you, it is something special.

paired it up with the Pierre Ferrand Reserve Grande Cru, and I'm quite, quite pleased. Now, to decide if I have another...

Just made a sidecar with the new Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao..

I guess 'new' is a relative term. :shifty: It actually came out in March of last year, as far as I remember. I know I bought a bottle sometime before we met up at Tales.

It certainly is good though.

Here's a recent discussion about it.

Stille Nacht 1996 Reserve.

Arguably, this may be the best extant vintage ale in the known Universe.

Seriously.

Unfortunately, it's also my last bottle, probably ever.

Rest in (master)piece, old friend.

Edited by Absomphe

Your delightfully hedonistic well-wishes are definitely adding even more piquancy to an already over-the-top sensory experience, my dear evil twin. :dev-cheers:

Finally trying Mansinthe after years of working my way through absinthes that are must tries or just seemed more interesting to me. I have to admit that this one was way down on my list due to the name/association and some earlier reviews that hinted that this might not be naturally colored. What a pleasant suprise! While not complicated, this is a solid, affordable and traditional swiss verte with a natural color to my eyes. I like the corriander here and don't find it too heavy handed at all. Don't let the name put you off. Enjoyable for newbies and absintheurs alike!

L'Ancienne.

The closer I get to the end of the bottle, the more incredible it's tasting.

Could just be those eight months of resting I've uncharacteristically given the stuff, I suppose. ;)

Having the Chocolate Fontaine after dinner, if you have not tried it, do not expect an absinthe, just a chocolate liqueur with wormwood. I'm liking it.