DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

El Massaya arak. What an interesting beverage. Only Obeidi grapes and aniseed but really tasty at 3.5,4/1. Faintly similar to a Le bleue. Will be followed later by Walton Waters and Duplais Verte. Also ordered today a sample of the PF Tarragona from Absinthe Originals. Not a bad price at $80 shipped. Cant wait to try that one. Living way above my means right now but, F_ it. :drunk:

Sante MFer's :euro:

Double Chrysanthemum. I don't think these scale too well. Live and learn.

Are those the ones with sherry in them? I recall always reading about them, but they have an ingredient I never carry.

I suppose I could visit drinkboys site.

I'm on my ___th glass of Highland Park 12. It's ridiculously polite, without being overly casky like the 18 year. For 30 bucks a bottle, this can be a regular sipper for me.

BTW, Dolin dry, Bennedictine, Jade Verte Suisse.

Same except Jade 1901 instead of Verte Suisse. Also I'm using a blood orange for garnish instead of a regular orange.

Are those the ones with sherry in them? I recall always reading about them, but they have an ingredient I never carry.

Benedictine. Here's a link to Drinkboy's recipe which is pretty much straight from Savoy. Edited by Evan Camomile

Playboy Martini: 1oz of Dolin's dry vermouth, one dash of Shabba's bitters (orange), and 2 oz of a gin featured in Playboy magazine (Leopold's Navy Strength gin).

Mighty good. And powerful.

El Massaya arak. What an interesting beverage.

Try some with good dash of Peychauds, very tasty.

I polished off the last of my Batroun Mountains Arak over the weekend. Hands down my favorite arak ever. I'll settle with El Massaya if I ever buy a bottle again, and I'll try a dash of Peychauds in it. That sounds tasty.

I polished off my Bat over the weekend. "Hands" down my favorite ever!

Woo-hoo! Thanks for sharing such a personal reflection. :headbang:

*BIG chuckle* :)

Batroun Mountains Arak .

I'd like to try that one. If you say it's your favorite. This El Massaya is the first arak I 've had. But it sure is one damn pleasant drink.

For the moment. But later this evenin',.... bout dark thirty,.... The big ole "Tennessee Moon" will be shining down on this ole feller. :dead: :drunk:

Sipping a singapore sling made thusly:

• 40ml (8 parts) Gin
  • 20ml (4 parts) Cherry Brandy
  • 5ml (1 part) Cointreau
  • 5ml (1 part) DOM Bénédictine
  • 10ml (2 parts) Grenadine
  • 80ml (16 parts) Pineapple juice
  • 30ml (6 parts) Fresh lemon juice
  • 1 dash Angostura bitters

Man this is tasty! I Found it a bit sweet as-is, so I added a few ounces of club soda to lighten it up. That did the trick!

:cheers:

Damn! Nice Dixie Can banjo my friend! Strung correctly, with nylon! NIIIICE! I made one of these about 20 years ago. Traditionally, one is supposed to trap a squirrel, skin it, and use it for the head. I couldn't quite do that, and opted for a calfskin from Stew-Mac guitar Shop supply! I DID manage to find a tobacco can for the innards however.

I'd love to hear you play that thing.

Found a neglected bottle of Pacifique while doing a bottle count. :thumbup: (need to put in an order :fork: )

And while looking for a few elements for some new ink, came across this little gem. :devil:

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Found a couple of ideas to build on.

Altered to suit my personality, this one is catching my eye.

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Short version, having a Pacifique while having fantasies about needles and ink. :dev-cheers: