DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I think everything can be tweaked depending on the individual ingredients. Last night I did a a la Louisiane using Rittenhouse (100 proof) and 3/4 each of sweet vermouth and Bennedictine. The drink came off a little drier than one made with 80 proof rye. It also needed some extra stirring.

I know its early, but I figured that a cocktail with orange juice would be ok, and hey, its sunday ;)

I decide to go with a Monkey Gland. Oh my god is this delicious!!!

I used

1.5oz fresh orange juice (half an orange)

1.5oz Hendricks Gin

1 tsp real pomegranate based grenadine from Holland

1 tsp homemade simple syrup

1 tsp Jade Edouard

Shake for 10 seconds and strain into chilled cocktail glass.

It has a bite to it, but it goes down really easily.. Its cool how present such a small amount of absinthe can be. I can really taste it. I think this is by far the best absinthe cocktail I have tried to date! I cant believe how good this is! The fresh squeezed orange juice really makes it I believe! I bought a bottle of Simply Orange juice to make these, but considering it only takes half an orange to get an ounce and a half of juice, I will just go that route from now on.

:cheers:

Several amazing cocktails at NightJar in London.

Funny to see the Hannissville gin and rye on their menu under the vintage section. We had a long talk about that.

Very nice absinthe selection as well.

Last night I did a a la Louisiane using Rittenhouse (100 proof) and 3/4 each of sweet vermouth and Bennedictine. The drink came off a little drier than one made with 80 proof rye. It also needed some extra stirring.

I love it when you talk dirty.

Well, couldn't resist revisiting the jiggering of the Arsenic And Old Lace from A Taste For Absinthe. I used the exact same ingredients, Silvertip Gin, E.P. Violette, Jade Verte Suisse, Dolin Dry, as I did in the Attention. Of course, lemon twist on the Attention and orange twist on the AAOL.

My personal preference is the AAOL You were certainly right on this one, baubel.

Hmmm. Now I'll need to research your research of my research to make sure this all checks out. Damn, I love this job.

Had a few pints and discussed the status of absinthe in the UK with Alan Moss and Ian Hutton today. Thanks for the good company, gents! And thanks for the Dim Sum Alan!

To be a fly on the wall...

Ian should have gotten my rather strange order today.

Seattle's Best coffee. Any Seattle-ans know if this label is remotely accurate? By the typical standard here, it is pretty darned good.

Had a few pints and discussed the status of absinthe in the UK with Alan Moss and Ian Hutton today.

e52887109d711fdf0a511161b780e1b1.gif

Great to meet you at last, Brian. Ian didn't want to be in the photo, so he took the two photos here.

Optional. When done with a sweet egg wash that is allowed to soak into a thick slice, the result is crunchy outside with a sweet, hot, & creamy inside. Very tasty. Definitely a special occasion treat.

A blended absinthe. The last of a bottle of Marteau and the last of a bottle of Ridge blanche. Diluted at 3/1 makes a really tasty beverage. Nice and crisp with a subtle sharpness. Really good on a cool evening such as thus.

You're blowing my mind, fellow Scorp. I'm having my first ever Chrysanthemum, Drinkboy style (non double). What a nice yummy low-octane libation. I saw your post after whipping this up.

BTW, Dolin dry, Bennedictine, Jade Verte Suisse.