DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Just opened a bottle of Roquette. I let it breathe for about 10 mins first. I figured I should, because it Is summer time, and it's been sitting on the shelf for a few weeks now. I don't have central air. Just a window air conditioner in my apartment. It's not too hot in here, but more humid. This summer in Ohio has been a hot one.

Either the VC hasn't aged well, or being surrounded by BC, WW, MoL, Sauvage, Ridges, Pacifique, NO, Duplais, etc. has put it in right perspective. Me thinks I need to move my stash farther away from a cabinet 3' above the stovetop, and the VCs flat bottom made it absorb heat more.

I used to keep my cooking spices, wine, and vinegar near my stove. One day I grabbed the cooking wine and the bottle was hot. Probably not good.

I'm having some La Maison Fontaine with a bit of lime and basil.

Chrysanthemum tea?

My go-to absinthe cocktail:

1 part absinthe

1 part (Hendrick's) gin

two dashes Angostura bitters

two dashes Benedictine

1 splash lemon juice

6 parts ice water

garnish with basil leaves

I thought I'd try to drink an entire bottle of wine on my own. 12 hours later, I can now say that where I did accomplish my goal, I will not be repeating the experience. :3869-sadbanana:

Avery The Beast 2012.

Incredibly complex and incredibly sweet, but not as hot as I thought it would be for its 16% abv.

The quintessential cigar ale, this really tastes like something out of the 19th century.

And I oughtta know. :wheelchair: