DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

A tall glass of iced lemonade, with a few dashes of absinthe and Angostura bitters, and several basil leaves.

I think absinthe and basil pair nicely. I suggest someone try throwing some fresh basil leaves into their next glass.

Gives me an idea... I think today I'll try louching with limeade and add a couple of basil leaves, or maybe mint leaves. YUM!

My first glass of Charteuse, a green. I can only imagine how wonderful a vintage would be.

I tried a late 19th century vintage about six or seven years ago. It was sublimely smooth, wonderfully complex and spicy, and seemed less sweet than current offerings.

Kentucky. Bourbon. Barrel. Ale. I really like this stuff, y'all. Dark n' good. "Meaty", even. I don't drink beer much but a few times a year and although it ain't The Abyss, by a long shot, it's quite tasty.

Roughest week since in my new role (last September) and another one to follow next week so for the three-day Holiday weekend? Work is ovah.

Louched Ridge V then Butterfy with Newman's Own Limeade, added cuke slices and a massive sprig of mint from my garden. On ice. Played whiffle ball with my daughter and my neighbors' grandchilden visiting from Italy. Lovely all around.

Very nice, Crow. Enjoy!

Third and final Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. I don't know how you beer drinkers do it but I feel bloated. *laugh* Slightly tipsy too, but, I didn't eat much today with work and a light dinner so, go figure. I'm done. Three is too many for me.

Have a good night everyone!

Promise not too.

I didn't mean "dark" on the beer. It's not really. Just tastes like it should be. Won an award ("silver") back in '07. Not sure about the validity but I think it's quality. http://www.kentuckyale.com/beer/Pages/KentuckyBourbonBarrelAle.aspx

Jade PF 1901. Label had OCT. 2006 printed on the back.

De-F'n-lightful! It was done as a public service. So, It's stashed again.

The botle was about half full when I pulled the T-Cork out. Don't remember the last time I had this.

No sediment and a very light green color. The louche was spot on.

Nope, I couldn't be happier with this bottle. Cheers!

I believe I may have found the elusive Green Fairy.

304623_462568920441502_203055052_n.jpg

No wonder I like absinthe so much.

Opening and having my first glass of Ridge Blanche. It's a bit different than the verte.

I made a tequila negroni with Epslon blanco tequila, Aperol, and Byrrh, with a splash of Mezcal Vida and 4 dashes of Fee Bros rhubarb bitters. It's berrylicious!

On #4 now,

1. La Maison Fontaine

2. La Maison Fontaine

3. Zubrsinthe (liking this one more and more)

4. L'Ancienne

As I sit here sipping the L'Ancienne, I have come to realize just how good this is... It taken me 9 other brands to realize just how good... Damn!

:cheerz:

Edited by AFO

Ron, Grim, Vanessa, Attack Accountant, Jules and I plowed through 3 bottles of Ridge (Verte and 2 protos) in two days. Much of that time drinking was spent floating down a river. Book of Face fans that follow any of that crew have probably already seen photos. More will be posted on the Ridge thread as soon as I can.

The Perfect Storm Double IPA.

Over 100 IBUs, but it's a very floral (almost geranial) bitter that's back with muted citrus and pine resin.

Almost in the same class with Hoptimum, and certainly more refreshing.

Marteau '08 & Kübler.Tried to turn on four staff members at a restaurant after the Jazz Brunch I played today.How come nobody I try to introduce absinthe to ever likes the stuff?!!! Very frustrating after five or six years of trying.

Lite gin and tonic but pondering a couple projects.

Most of you are watching futbawl or some game.

I'll do a bit of mix-n-see what happens.

Being busy is good for me. Cheers!