DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Bartender didn't know how to make a Negroni. :thumbdown:

I taught a local bartender the Negroni the other night.

You're both in Colorado and didn't tell us? :twitchsmile:

I mostly find it hilarious that I can tell them how to make a Negroni, and then it always comes back with the wrong vermouth. Or uneven portions.

Aristophanes?

:laugh:

Brun and Dirg, that "comedy" team from Clan of the Cave Bear.

Or Gallagher.

Whichever came first. :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe

Berkshire Brewers "Czech Style Pilsner" 'cause I like it and when I got to the post office to pick up my Roquette the post was closed. Luckily 2 doors down was that nice package store.

Wow. That sounds awesome.

Oscar blue's old chub scotch ale with sea scallops and steamed little neck clams.

Edited by greytail

Last night...

At the apartment: Marteau

At Maison Premiere: Mansinthe, then Blues Cat, then Eye of the Wind (Duplais V, Campari, lime, cucumber, mint)

At Hotel Delmano: Meadow of Love

At Death and Company: mojito made with St. George

At PDT: bartender's choice that included St. George, gin, ginger beer, lime, and I don't know what else, garnished with candied ginger

At the apartment: plenty of water and then bed

:cheers:

Sounds like quite the evening!

I wish there was a bar in this small town that had bartender that knew what they were doing.. the only reason I know they dont, is because I was a bartender there... and the way they make drinks frustrates the hell out of me. They use mix for everything, and make a dry martini with nothing but shaken vodka in a cocktail glass :shock:

Holy shit Crow, you're a party animal!! This is in New York right? I shudder to think how much drinks and taxis cost!

I was just out drinking some cider with a late dinner. Now I'm at home drinking water. Perhaps I'll have a beer.

Edited by thickasabrick

Kulshan Double Brother Imperial IPA.

Pours a beautiful, slightly hazy orange amber. Lots of citric hops in the aroma, but the fruity quality is a bit muted in the flavor, although there is a nice mix of citric and tropical underpinnings, and the level of hoppiness is just right. There is also a bit cedar shavings, and just a touch of cereal graininess and salt, which add to the crisp and refreshing qualities of the lengthy finish of this fine DIPA.

Another fine brew from this tiny local gem. :thumbup:

Eye of the wind was good, but I could have done without the campari.

Yes, new york has some great bars that really know how to do absinthe well, but still there are plenty of places that do NOT know what they are doing at all!

I was finally able to pick up my Roquette today, it has been from the start and will always be my favorite. This batch though, really stands out above the rest.

A Nimes-style that is simply staggeringly unbelievable. Seriously. My last two ounces went out today, to 2 WS members who I met a few days ago. This stuff is so good it's hard to describe, and in a tipsy promise of friendship, I said I'd send them. I'm a man of my word (despite the samples emptying my bottle). Prepare to be very happy, you two.

Home again and celebrating with a Marteau and a good book.

A Nimes-style that is simply staggeringly unbelievable. Seriously.

If it's the Nimes Style I'm thinking of, then you ain't kiddin'.

Especially if it's even more mind blowin' than it used to be.

Blues Cat this evening.

Edited by Absomphe

Having an amazing Monkey Gland, with Hendrick's gin and La Maison Fontaine absinthe. It goes great with my freshly baked French baguette and garlic/basil/rosemary vinaigrette.

God I love Monkey Glands!