DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

It was a tough choice between Jade VS or Blues Cat, so naturally I settled on a Marteau.

I'm drinking water.

Not interesting I know, but I just spotted a fairly large lizard in my kitchen. It's 2 am here and I'm about to retire for the night...I hope it sees itself out. It better not touch my clean dishes!!!

Marteau, it seems to hit the spot.

You all need to order this before it's gone. :cheers:

You all need to order this to see what you're missing.

As for gone ..... I don't believe that'll be an issue!

:arrr:

I keep reading about "missing out" and "get it before it's gone". Is this a once a year bottling for Marteau? I was under the impression that this would be a regular offering now.

Edited by greytail

I'm curious about that too. I was going to order from DUNY, but laws have recently changed and they can't ship to NH without charging for shipping AND for tax, no matter how much you spend. So... I'm going to NY in two weeks and plan to visit DUNY's store for Marteau and Obsello (yes, and maybe a Ridge V... damn I should have bought more than three when I was in Montana), but the way some people are talking I'm worried they'll be out of Marteau by then!

Firestone Walker DDBA Imperial Special Bitter.

Another barrel aged winner from the guys who do it best.

Lots of toffee, almond, honey, bourbon, and restrained helpings of my two favorite hops, East Kent Goldings and Styrian.

A wee bit hot (it's 12% abv and fairly young), and slightly lacking in complexity, compared to what I have little doubt this will age into.

My plan didn't work out as I'd wished.

I zested 18 lemons for lemoncello instead.

The stuff is looking pretty good about now. :cheers:

Blues Cat, overwatered on purpose with tepid water, washed down with smoked herring and Swedish crackers.