• Please log in to reply
33797 replies to this topic

#4051 Pensieve

Pensieve

Far fet hed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:29 AM

Well our cat got her first real taste of absinthe. She always likes to smell it and sort of lick the air over it, but never really gets any. She was sniffing over my VdF and I don't know if I moved my hand, or she misjudged the distance to the drink, but she got a huge tongue-full and proceeded to snort stand up on her hind legs and fall backwards off the couch, then run around the room like a psycho for a while until she crashed in her house. It was awesome!
"Yes, you're very smart... shut up."

#4052 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,414 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:30 AM

Enjoyed one of the best gatherings this no-show has been too in ages last night, replete with some of the best absinthe, and sour beer I've tasted, to date.

Oops, was I not supposed to mention that?

Oh, well, most people who've met me know I'm a baaaad boy! :pirate: ;)

Edited by Absomphe, 12 November 2006 - 10:32 AM.

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#4053 peridot

peridot

Floccinaucinihilipilificator Extraordinaire

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:42 PM

Well our cat got her first real taste of absinthe. She always likes to smell it and sort of lick the air over it, but never really gets any. She was sniffing over my VdF and I don't know if I moved my hand, or she misjudged the distance to the drink, but she got a huge tongue-full and proceeded to snort stand up on her hind legs and fall backwards off the couch, then run around the room like a psycho for a while until she crashed in her house. It was awesome!

My cats are horrified by the smell of absinthe. Any time they smell my glass or my absinthe breath they go rigid, then shake their heads, then run away.

Throng of Shoggoths: Lovecraftian Sludge

Pudwich: 90's style hard rock

My stupid facebutt page.

#4054 Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Very silly. Very silly indeed.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:53 PM

My cat spends his days hiding my underwear and socks. He climbs into my laundry basket, finds a linen goody and searches for a hiding place. :wacko:
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

#4055 MASTERPC

MASTERPC

Just me

• Diamond Member
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:59 PM

Hmmm. I'll have to pay attention to my animals' behavior next time.
"I read an article recently on the dangers of heavy drinking..
Scared the shit out of me.
So, that's it! After today, no more reading."

#4056 Alan Moss

Alan Moss

absinthe-suisse.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:08 PM

My cat spends his days hiding my underwear and socks. He climbs into my laundry basket, finds a linen goody and searches for a hiding place. :wacko:

I feel I have to check this. Is he really hiding your underwear (wow!), or just hiding in your underwear?
www.laclandestine.com: Hand-crafted in the birthplace of absinthe.

#4057 Julie Legate

Julie Legate

0 jobs. 2 cents

• Advisory Board
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:29 PM

I love Pensieve's cat. She is so cool! And it sounds like Nymph's cat has a charming personality too! :dev-cheers:
I am the wood nymph.

#4058 dakini_painter

dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

• 3,823 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

Mr. Cat jumped onto my lap.

I offered him a sniff of my absinthe.

He didn't like it.

So I removed my offering from in front of his nose.

I had this feeling that MtC would be hip.

Having an unnamed blanche and tonight it is just the right thing. Cheers to you, good sir.

Time for dinner...

:cheers:
"Good is the only investment that never fails." Thoreau.
"Don't you push me baby cause I'm holdin' low / and you know I'm only in it for the gold" Grateful Dead
Delaware Phoenix Distillery, Walton, NY. www.delawarephoenix.com

#4059 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,170 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:44 PM

We have no cat but I enjoy their antics.

If we had a cat I'd offer it some of my La Valote Bovet, it has a cat on the label if that counts.

Fairly tasty for a Sunday evening.

:cheers:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#4060 Nymphadora

Nymphadora

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:46 PM

He is actually hiding the articles of clothing, not hiding among the clothing. Every time I clean I find my underwear behind flower pots and under tables.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

#4061 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,894 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:49 PM

Blaming your cat for your own excesses is hardly fair. ;)

#4062 Nymphadora

Nymphadora

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:56 PM

:harhar:

#4063 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,217 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:32 PM

I don't know what I'm drinking yet, but my whole world smells like lemons!

I decided to make a batch of homemade limoncello today. It's just a matter of macerating a ton of lemon zest in some neutral spirits for a while, filtering, and adding sugar syrup.

Tasty stuff for after dinner.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#4064 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,727 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:55 PM

I don't think you were quite getting what I was saying. I wasn't recommending that you attempt to make sorbet from straight absinthe. :harhar:

I understood you completely. But my aim was to start with the Clandestine (heated off mostly) and continue to add water to get it to freeze at the best possible combination, instead of adding more Clandestine, and risk having it fall apart because of too much alcohol.

By the way, got back from Utica too late this evening to start the sorbet, but I plan on doing it tomorrow, so the recipe will be complete shortly.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#4065 MASTERPC

MASTERPC

Just me

• Diamond Member
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:22 PM

I don't know what I'm drinking yet, but my whole world smells like lemons!

I decided to make a batch of homemade limoncello today. It's just a matter of macerating a ton of lemon zest in some neutral spirits for a while, filtering, and adding sugar syrup.

Tasty stuff for after dinner.

Very tasty! Have some in the freezer at home! :P

#4066 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:51 PM

Tonight's drink was the second to last bottle of the pyment. I need to make it again soon. I think I'm going to soon find myself unable to live without it.

Watching all of the teams I'm cheering for lose today. And in NASCAR my driver isn't in the chase for the Nextel Cup so I could hardly give less of a damn what happens there.

I cut my girlfriend's hair tonight and learned why I shouldn't do that. I finally got it evened out but it's very short now. :D

Edited by peridot, 12 November 2006 - 07:52 PM.

My stupid facebutt page.

#4067 MASTERPC

MASTERPC

Just me

• Diamond Member
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:57 PM

Tonight's drink was the second to last bottle of the pyment. I need to make it again soon. I think I'm going to soon find myself unable to live without it.

Watching all of the teams I'm cheering for lose today. And in NASCAR my driver isn't in the chase for the Nextel Cup so I could hardly give less of a damn what happens there.

I cut my girlfriend's hair tonight and learned why I shouldn't do that. I finally got it evened out but it's very short now. :D

Who is your driver? Gordon, myself, but he is out, too.

#4068 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:45 PM

Hiram, I'd be interested in hearing your recipe for limoncello. I've made it twice myself and am still playing with my proportions. The first time I did it I used mostly lemons and 2-3 limes and only vodka as the neutral spirit. The second time I used Meyer lemons, no limes, and about 1/5th of the neutral spirit was Everclear. The second batch wasn't as good as the first.
Temperance, like chastity, is its own punishment. ~Four Vines "The Peasant"

Ça descend la gorge comme le bébé Jésus en culottes de velours.

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough. ~Frank Crane

#4069 MASTERPC

MASTERPC

Just me

• Diamond Member
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:50 PM

I just pick mine up from the liquor store. Lazy, I know but it really is very reasonably priced.

#4070 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:35 PM

Tony Stewart. I loathe Jeff Gordon but I respect him. He's the best driver in Nextel Cup, hands down. I absolutely hate the way Gordon almost always seems to be able to just slide through a huge wreck without touching anything, even though neither he nor his spotter could possibly have seen anything through all the smoke. Nobody else has that kind of luck or sixth sense or whatever it is.

My stupid facebutt page.

#4071 MASTERPC

MASTERPC

Just me

• Diamond Member
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:42 PM

Tony Stewart. I loathe Jeff Gordon but I respect him. He's the best driver in Nextel Cup, hands down. I absolutely hate the way Gordon almost always seems to be able to just slide through a huge wreck without touching anything, even though neither he nor his spotter could possibly have seen anything through all the smoke. Nobody else has that kind of luck or sixth sense or whatever it is.

I'm not a big Stewart fan and find him to be a bit of a cry baby however, I respect him. He is definitely consistent.

Yeah, Jeff does seem to get through those wrecks by hook or by crook. He just got married in Mexico I heard.

I guess we'll wait for our boys to do their thing next time 'round.

#4072 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,217 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:50 PM

Ooooooh. When she wakes up, you're gonna be in troooouble.

Hiram, I'd be interested in hearing your recipe for limoncello.

First time for me. I'm making a small batch from the zest of five lemons and a pint of Everclear cut to about 85%.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#4073 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:03 PM

I'm not a big Stewart fan and find him to be a bit of a cry baby

That's exactly how I feel about Gordon. With every Gordon fan I've been friends with there's been that clash of viewpoints. Always thinking the other's driver is a crybaby. But it's not just between us Stewart and Gordon fans. The worst accusations I've seen are toward Earnhardt Jr. :D

I will give that one to you, though... at least a while back. I'm not a loyal sports fan. I'll switch teams/ drivers if I'm pissed off with their attitude/ performance and don't expect it to improve. When Tony was snapping his twig every week a couple years ago I almost gave up on him. But I think he's had a dramatic attitude improvement lately.

Anyway, :cheers: to neither of our drivers having a snowball's chance in hell this year.

My stupid facebutt page.

#4074 Grey Boy

Grey Boy

The Snitty One™

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:52 AM

A lot of beer was consumed this weekend. :dead:
I'm gonna meet pierreverte!

#4075 MASTERPC

MASTERPC

Just me

• Diamond Member
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:21 AM

You are right, Peridot. I've noticed Tony's general demeanor as of late is much more even keel.
As far as Earnhart goes. GRRRR. Don't get me started! I just don't like all the hype.

So, who do you like in the ones running for the Cup? If you HAD to choose one? Naturally, I'd have to go with the Hendrick team with JJ.

#4076 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:24 AM

Of those who have a shot I'd prefer to see Kenseth or Harvick win. According to NASCAR, if absolutely everything went his way, Earnhardt could get it and that would be okay with me. I like the guy; I'm just tired of hearing about him. The guy I was really hoping would win was Mark Martin but he is just too far behind now.

My stupid facebutt page.

#4077 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,894 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:57 AM

Day-ummm! Yo southern boys shore are a hoot! :harhar: You guys should consider going snowboarding!
Just teasing.

Our little mountain received a fresh layer of snow over night. If any is left when I get home, I may break out the X-country skis. :cheers:

#4078 Martin Lake

Martin Lake

The Great Lover of Mankind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:07 AM

Are those skis that were formerly country or skis that have special mutant powers?
Ah, la petite mort; such beautiful suicide.

#4079 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:37 AM

You guys should consider going snowboarding!

I've never tried it, but I would love to. We almost never get snow down here. :(

My stupid facebutt page.

#4080 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,894 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:53 AM

Completely teasing you guys. The first half of my life was spent south of the Mason-Dixon. Maggie and I have family spread from Texas to 'Bama. After a couple of drinks, the "twang" in my voice becomes a little too apparent.

Are those skis that were formerly country or skis that have special mutant powers?

The way I operate on them, they may as well be possessed by evil spirits. To me, they appear determined to destroy what little cartilage I have remaining in my knees. I cross country ski to provide amusement for the family and not as a form of transportation.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association