DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Received my long-awaited shipment from absinthes.com so I'm enjoying a first taste of Soixante-Cinq (recommended to me by a Nola friend). I like it very much, but it does remind me of St. George. It has a "wine-alcohol" base... sorry I'm an idiot; does that mean it also has a brandy base, like StG?

Next is my first taste La Grenouille.

:cheers:

Received my long-awaited shipment from absinthes.com

How long did it take from the time you placed your order? I've only ordered overseas from LDF.

I placed my order on March 9 and just received it yesterday (March 26). Long time, although I did get an email that they tried to deliver it on Friday (23rd) but "recipient wasn't present." This confused me, because I was expecting it to come through the US mail.

Shipping was by DHL, but the tracking said when it went through customs it was passed to the USPS. Okay, so I go away for the weekend thinking it'll be in the mail by the time I get back. But then I get the message about recipient not home. So I figure it's a truck delivery, and before I went to work Monday morning I wrote a long detailed note about three different alternative places the box can be delivered. An hour later my husband stopped by my work place with the box in hand... it had been at the post office after all. So I don't know about the "recipient not home" thing.

Anyway, the short answer is 2 1/2 weeks. And the box was really ripped up. But the booze was fantastic.

USPS will not leave booze on your mailbox. You are either there when they bring it, or you go and pick it up in person. The entire trip was via the post system. DHL is the German version of the USPS.

USPS will not leave booze on your mailbox. You are either there when they bring it, or you go and pick it up in person. The entire trip was via the post system. DHL is the German version of the USPS.

Ah, I thought DHL was just some sort of UPS company from overseas. I know USPS won't leave booze in your mailbox but we don't have house delivery here in this little town. We get our mail at the post office, so... ?

Actually the post office closes for two hours in the middle of the day (doctor's hours... nice, right? Did I mention it's a really small town?) so maybe they tried to drop it off at lunch time. Or I suppose "recipient not present" just meant I hadn't picked it up yet.

Edited by crow

Yeah,my 1st shipment from LdF was confusing to me too. I expected the shipment to be handled entirely by independant courriers. When I tracked my package,it said held in customs for a few days only to find out it was at my P.O. the whole time.I didn't think the USPS even handled alcohol.

Edited by redwun

Yeah, and when I tried to ship a bottle of Leopold's home from DC, FedEx told me they can only ship booze from distributors. Next time I'll just package the bottle myself and say it's shoes!

When the flying monkeys come from a vendor, they know what is in it, even the federaly employed ones. I know because the boxes full of hay are labled as such. Which is why you have to sign off on them.

More Adam from the Wood today.

Madeira has surfaced in this bottle, along with the 'usual' leather, toffee, raisin, smoke, dried fruit, cedar, and chocolate. :dribble:

An Abs' sized glass of Pacifique.

Love the clown, Love the verte, and I Love what the weather's doing.

Very stormy, lots of high winds and gusts...a great evening for a good book. ;)

:dev-cheers:

I'd agree, but the weather's wimping out here, so far, and my eyes are still tired, so I'm happy to settle for the idiot box tonight. :laugh: :cheers:

Thanks, man.

Stick around, we'll be here all week.

And don't forget to try the veal. B)

Edited by Absomphe