DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

ahhh Ridge V for me, nice and strong tonight. It is SO GOOD.

Having a glass of St. Germain.

I'm off to clean the tub's pump/filter system so I can have a soak in a few hours.

Funny how chores seem a little less tedious when doing them with a glass in one hand. ;)

:cheers:

After being unexcited about VC and VP for the past few months, I recently rustled up a bottle of each that I'd stored in the basement, each bottle with a few doses left in the bottom (part of my aging experiment). BOTH were delicious, so now Ima hafta get me some mo. :cheers:

Ridge Verte. OMG!!

Neat, the aroma seemed stronger, yet more balanced. A beautiful peridot appearance. The louche is gorgeous, and with a far greener hue than before. The louched aroma expands on what was there neat, a beautiful smell, even my kid liked it. (Worry not no tasting for her for another 16 years). The flavor and finish are also substantially improved, more balanced, and complex. Improving on a great product can be daunting and dificult, but congratulations J&J Legate, you have exceeded expectations. :thumbup: :worshippy: :clap:

And I get to enjoy all this wonderful mana. :)

Glad to hear the bottle's not Czech.

When it comes to absinth, it's definitely "Czech yo'self and you'll wreck yo'self!*

*With apologies to Martin, although his stuff is definitely absinthe.

Yes, they are, also at Martin's distillery, although the L'Ancienne is entirely under Stefano's control regarding distillation, so it's a bit of stretch to call that one Czech.

Tuaca on ice. Sweet and simple before bed.

Drinking some Guinness left from St. Pat's (hard to believe there's any left) before moving on to something green-tinged... :cheers:

Martin and Stefano excluded, of course. I thought that would go without saying. B)

It should have, but sometimes my "prize pupil" just likes to hear himself type. :laugh:

Sam Adams Cinder Bock and Griffin's Bow.

Each reminds me of one of my favorite absinthes.

The Griffin's Bow continues to fill in as a remarkable beer impersonation of La Grenouille with a lot of sweet honeysuckle and mallow character.

The Cinder Bock really tastes like something Joe and Jules might brew at Ridge. It's loaded with wildflower and honey nuances (like the Ridge Verte), except there are generous smoky overtones.

Sam Adams Lager may have fallen on hard times, but their experimental brews are definitely alive and well.

Martin and Stefano excluded, of course. I thought that would go without saying. B)

It should have, but sometimes my "prize pupil" just likes to hear himself type. :laugh:

:laugh:

I found some licorice lozenges that are made with licorice root, fennel and anise. I've been munching on them all afternoon long. I think I'm going to have something green tonight.

Had a La Mauresque: absinthe, orgeat, and spring wager. Delicious.