DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Well, what's sitting in front of me is a glass of BS, diluted about 3-1, which will be hitting the sink in mere seconds.

I believe I'll upgrade to something worthy.....maybe a glass of NO. If for no other reason than to set my palate right.

:cheers:

What's sitting in front of me is a really surprising glass of Hebrew Vertical Jewbelatiom.

This model is a blend of all seven different Jewbelations which has been aged in...wait for it...6 year Sazerac barrels!

The color is very deep ruby port, and the body is syrupy with esters of chocolate, coffee, figs, dates, smoke, raisins, plums, and subtle spices with a heavy underpinning of Sazerac that melds the other flavors, and helps to dry out the finish.

Definitely the best Jewbelation by far, and really savory and delicious.

I could easily see this as an absinthe chaser. :thumbup:

What's sitting in front of me is a really surprising glass of Hebrew Vertical Jewbelatiom.

This model is a blend of all seven different Jewbelations which has been aged in...wait for it...6 year Sazerac barrels!

The color is very deep ruby port, and the body is syrupy with esters of chocolate, coffee, figs, dates, smoke, raisins, plums, and subtle spices with a heavy underpinning of Sazerac that melds the other flavors, and helps to dry out the finish.

Definitely the best Jewbelation by far, and really savory and delicious.

I could easily see this as an absinthe chaser. :thumbup:

I bought a bomber of it while I was home in Puyallup, but never got around to drinking it before I left. So, it awaits me yet! I've heard great things about it though, and I love their names :P

A little Leopold Bros. Maryland Style Rye in a Sazerac. The absinthe is from Montana. Not only is it delicious, it makes me happy to be drinking booze made by such cool folks. Cheers Todd, Joe, and Jules! :cheers:

SE MT is no problem if you get a liquor store to order it. Unfortunately we can't ship independently of the state system. Is there a liquor store in Wibaux? Seriously, cross the border and ask a liquor store to order it. They can break a case so it is possible to place an order as small as one bottle. The verte will cost about $57 bucks. The blanche about $47.

Jules,

it's about 250mi, Olive is closer at just over 130mi. I'll call and see if there is a store there.

I'm gona have a DITA to celebrate my gallbladder and I are parting company in 2 weeks.

Jim

I'll do some investigation and see what I can find closer to the SoDak border. We used to live across the NoDak border from Wibaux so I like to throw the name around. It makes me smile.

If that pesky gallbladder is giving you trouble then good riddance. :cheers:

Started with Six Sigma Ranch 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon, then to 2008 Larraine Scarlet Harlot (Calaveras County), now onto Boulevard Collaboration No. 1 Imperial Pilsner.

Paired the first wine with Tater Tot casserole, and the rest with billiards, air hockey, darts, and ping pong.

Took the bike out for a ride to Total Wine and picked up a 4 pack of Old Stock 2010 and a bottle of Mansinthe. Haven't had the Mansinthe before but it scored higher than the St George which was my other choice... Need to place and order with DUNY once they restock some.

Holding the Old stock off for tomorrow. Gona try a glass of Mr Manson's absinthe. :cheers:

Like most Matter products, I enjoyed the Mansinthe. To my taste, it wasn't extraordinary but perfectly drinkable and a step up from Kübler.

Speaking of DUNY, and Matter -- for those who don't get the DUNY email, Duplais Blanche has been marked down in price, $54.99. Haven't had it myself, but I'm with Joe, the Matter that I've had is decent and $55 for a bottle of absinthe is a deal.

Gin night for me, one of my co-workers mentioned "gin and tonic" today in conversation and I've been thinking gin all afternoon. Just had a Last Word, it was delicious. Think I'll let that one settle for a while before I think about another.

Might have to order a bottle of the Duplais, haven't tried any of the US version, but have had the Duplais Verte, Blanche and Balance, Balance was my fave out of them.

And am quite enjoying the Mansinthe :thumbup:

Mansinthe is pretty decent and I can actually buy it in stores near here.

I'm having a sip of a nameless verte this evening. It works!