DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I finished last evening with a large glass of Brut d' Alambic Essai 5. Tasty!

Shoot! I never even opened my #4! What did you make of any differences between the two? Perhaps I can request that you do a side by side for me? I know it's a lot to suffer, but for a friend?!

I'm having an Ayinger Bräu-Weisse. After all of the wine, champagne, absinthe, and cocktails last night it seems fitting to dial back to a nice, crisp beer to start off 2010.

Good to hear you folks had a great, safe (from the sound of it, at least!) new year! Bill, I must second Ron's push to louche up a glass of Essai 4. :cheers:

I wasn't so lucky as you folks sadly, as I ended up getting sick and canceling my plans. I had a fever today as well, so I will have to make a doctor's appointment soon. :(

Jules and I are knocking back the Baby Sazerac. It's a damn nice night. From the big window overhead, I can see the clouds passing by a full moon. A really thick carpet of snow covers everything outside and through the moonlight, I can see a hundred yards through the trees. It's a lovely night.

I shared a bottle of 2002 Jamet Cote-Rotie with my parents and SO in honor of my mother's 70th birthday. Now we're back at home and I'm nursing an upset stomach with a New Belgium 2 Below Winter Ale in honor of STL's single-digit temperatures. It's important to drink a variety of beverages in honor of various events, as it keeps one well-inebriatedhydrated. :pirate:

It's pretty tasty with a good balance of sweet, caramely malts and hoppy bitterness. Not the best beer I've ever tasted in my life, but worth a six-pack for research purposes. I grabbed it today at the grocery because it is so damned cold here and it seemed like an appropriate thing to drink. I may move on to an absinthe after this to see if it chases away this little nasty stomach bug that is invading my body.

I guess 0 ain't so bad as long as there's snow of course. Warming myself with a sample Gran Malbec from a Rothschild beside the fire, warming up to it as well. Weekend's winding down sigh...

Was sunny and in the high 60s today, beautiful. Scrambled up the ladder to take down Christmas lights and thanked myself with a cold Sierra at lunch. Now some Sapphire gin and various mixers thrown in.

I recovered enough from New Years Eve to drink again, so I finished off a bottle of 1901. Then went to Maisson. Progressed to Essai 5 (almost the same as 4, just a little more flavor). Next up, Brevans Giger. Finishing off the night with a nice HG. After that I won't be in any shape to type, so....G'night all :twitchsmile:

I am topping off tonight with a wee bit of Minero mezcal. It tastes and smells like a vanilla Tootsie roll and a strip of sweet teriyaki beef jerky wrapped in a roasted chipotle pepper, and topped with vinegar. Also, you just burned rubber nearby with your new tires. Heaven. B)

Water for me the last two days, since I'm on duty.

But New Year's Eve was celebrated with some ridiculously old absinthe, and some weird drinks (like PF1901 mixed with Crémant de Bourgogne. That was certainly a waste of good PF1901, and of good Crémant!).