DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Hi jcbphd(post#8843)

Congrats on you're house :cheers: to you

I to think pix of you're mug and ice cube celebration are in order :devil:

Hi T(post#8847)

I think pix of you trying to stick Maggie in a mug with an ice cube would be real special. :laf:

:cheers: to all

TR. B) out

Franklin brandy, Medoff with fanta and tonic and tea, all mixed together for better effects or affects.

Tonic does not co-operate that well, yet fanta lemonic is perfect. No tea :thumbdown:

Who knows what will what will ensue afterwards. Perhaps a bit of the sexy business to christen the new house? :devil:

Maybe a little nude mowing with the new reel mower???

Congratulations! :arrr:

Maggie and I started with Hendrix gin martinis. Still no orange bitters but we'll have them soon enough.

Another martini or move on to a glass of absinthe before dinner? Such difficult decisions!

Yes, Elf, what did you think of the Proto 33?

Meanwhile, I'm savoring the end of the Ethiopian Idido Misty Valley, Damn! This is a fruity cup of coffee and a delicious way to wake up the ol' taste buds.

I compared it with the 31 and Balance, and the color is like neither. It is the most densely colored absinthe I've seen. Both the 31 and Balance are crystal clear with the 31 having a tint of gold to it. The 33 on the other hand is a deep, darker shade of green with almost no light penetrating through. Even holding it up to bright sunlight light hardly allows any refraction. Brilliance is not its strong suit.

The louche is very slow, but steady. It never hits a point of explosion like most. It does however finish fairly thick, just not 'custardy'. It still retains the dense, dark shade of green like nothing I've seen.

The taste too is different than the others, but still shares the components of the Matter products. Although the anise was reduced, it is there, just laid back. The wormwood is very nice, clean and crisp. It is detectable upfront, stays, and finishes softly. I don't pick up coriander like in the Balance.

All in all, it's a nice absinthe. Definitely different than most on the visual side, but shares more in taste with the others from Markus. I still would give the edge to the Balance though. However, mixing the two at about 1:1 was really, really good.

Something about your description puts me in mind of something I might have read about the wee samples of CCC (?) that he was selling a little while back. In any case, it sounds very interesting. Just not sure if I can afford it just now. :g:

The P33 is tasty. But I get the feeling the colouring is augmented by some artificial additives. It's very deep emerald green and louches a deep sea green. There's a lot of blue in the colour. And there's barely any sediment in the bottle at all.

The flavour is really strong, too. It requires a bit more water than I usually use.

I also got a chance to try the Perique yesterday and it was fantastic. I'm going to have to get my own bottle (or three) soon.

Well, it has been a long week! Fire/rescue calls,meetings, work, kids baseball,and the week is not over!

Time for a little something something green.

:cheers: to all!

Well, it has been a long week! Fire/rescue calls,meetings, work, kids baseball,and the week is not over!

Time for a little something something green.

:cheers: to all!

Will be in your neck of the woods, Leroy, beginning this up and coming Monday!

Tonight, after purchasing about 25 bottles from World Market, I'm drinking a rather tasty Shiraz from Barossa (Australia). Archetype vineyards. I highly recommend!

PS, World Market has select wines 25% off this week and will be raising to an even more attractive percentage, until they are out of stock (of the selected wines).

Check it out in your neighborhood!

Thanks, T. Sadness?

I suppose I've got some reading to do in order to understand..

See what happens?

Ah, Perique. It's been months and I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

To Friday eve :cheers:

It must be Friday somewhere. Always good to get an early start OMG. :thumbup: Hmmmm......still haven't tried that Perique. Rangpur gin + tonics here to celebrate Thursday eve! :cheers:

Welcome back, MPC! Glad to see your "face" again. :cheers:

My sincerest apologies to all for NOT posting pics of the mayhem that ensued after the champagne was done on closing day. I can neither confirm nor deny whether ice cubes, reel mowers, mugs of hot beverages, or our locker-room-sized tiled shower were or were not involved. :devil:

Doc, you just took the wind out of the sails of a great morning here.

Ah, well, another cup of chicory "coffee" and maybe I'll get over it. Here's wishing the house is all that you hope it is. :cheers:

Doc the escapades you are having in my mind right now mind are wonderful. I hope the actual celebration was too.

A hearty welcome back to our long lost friend MPC! :cheers: I will toast as soon as I get home with a Plymouth Martini.

Sorry about your friend T73.

Sarticious gin and homemade tonic (see discussion here). Refreshing after a long day in the hood. That is chemical fume hood... ;)

Thanks, everyone! It is SO good to be back and I've missed you all so much!

Drinking the Duplais Balance right now.

My favorite absinthe outside of the L'Artisinal (sigh) is, hands down, the VDF!!! I know, I know, many noses are turned up but I really, really enjoyed that bottle and will most certainly be getting some more soon.

Information is the second most valuable asset! The most valuable is knowing where to find it which is right here! :cheers:

Now if someone can locate DesertWolf it would feel like the good old times again.

As promised MPC a Plymouth Martini to toast your return. :cheers:

Glad you're back, MPC.

P33 and Rodenbach Grand Cru tonight. Got the new Megadeth but didn't have time to listen to it because I had company over.

Welcome back, MPC. Cat avatars later?

Black tea (I gave up milk in tea when living in India), lightly sugared. Well, it is 6:30 am here.