DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Fremont Brewing Coconut B-Bomb 2018.

It may be a tad too sweet for perfection, but, damn, this liquid ambrosia equivalent to a Belgian chocolate truffle/Mounds™ hybrid is so deep, rich and complex that I couldn't care less.😎

On 12/22/2018 at 11:30 PM, Patient Explorer said:

Had some Tröegs Mad Elf, some cranberry infused tequila (homemade), and a Harpoon double IPA at a work holiday party.  Feeling pretty groovy! :yahoo:

Mmmmmm Mad Elf is yummy.  Sipping a Toulouse Green absinthe at the moment.

Earlier: Szarlotka.

New Years Midnight Drink:Pierre Ferrand Reserve.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! To health, fortune, luck, and love! :cheers:

Edited by Cajun Magic

The Abyss (hey, I stumbled upon them “dirt cheap” at Costco. ;^>

The Abyss (hey, I stumbled upon them “dirt cheap” at Costco. ;^>

Ojen?  Is that a brand or a flavor?  I am intrigued, as I enjoy a nice frappé myself. 

Also, earlier I got to indulge in some Dogfish Head Midas Touch, Goose Island Urban Wheat Ale, tried Hennessy for the first time, and had a celebratory glass of Enigma FDC after watching the Pats get a nice playoff win.

Today was a good day.

Some weird drink in a glass. I dunno how they make these things. *shrugs*

Hello peeps its been a while since I've been on this forum but at the moment I'm enjoying a glass of Grand Absente, its alright it satisfies my need for an anise pastis tasting drink and its refreshing enough.  I took the advice from 2016 where I purchased a 20 CL bottle of Jade Edouard which was extremely nice and will be looking for a big bottle at some point.  I made my first purchase from Alandia and hopefully I might receive this either on Monday or Tuesday, its the Jade 50 CL bottle of Blanchette which I'm really looking forward to.  I had about a two year gap where I didn't bother trying any absinthe for a while but my good friend Annette from Waterford brought me back a bottle of Absinto from Portugal, Absinto Neto Costa, the less said about this brand the better, one of the non-louchables that would sit alongside Le Diable Jaune.  But it set me reeling to buy some of the good stuff.  Over the Xmas in Edinburgh I got myself to the Drinkmonger shop where I got the Jade, Grand Absente and ordered a bottle of Pernod Absinthe Original Recipe which is very nice.  Will add to the absinthe brand review section when I receive my Jade Blanchette.  Happy new year folks. 

Edited by Bodhran_Thumper

1 hour ago, Bodhran_Thumper said:

Hello peeps its been a while since I've been on this forum but at the moment I'm enjoying a glass of Grand Absente, its alright it satisfies my need for an anise pastis tasting drink and its refreshing enough.  I took the advice from 2016 where I purchased a 20 CL bottle of Jade Edouard which was extremely nice and will be looking for a big bottle at some point.  I made my first purchase from Alandia and hopefully I might receive this either on Monday or Tuesday, its the Jade 50 CL bottle of Blanchette which I'm really looking forward to.  I had about a two year gap where I didn't bother trying any absinthe for a while but my good friend Annette from Waterford brought me back a bottle of Absinto from Portugal, Absinto Neto Costa, the less said about this brand the better, one of the non-louchables that would sit alongside Le Diable Jaune.  But it set me reeling to buy some of the good stuff.  Over the Xmas in Edinburgh I got myself to the Drinkmonger shop where I got the Jade, Grand Absente and ordered a bottle of Pernod Absinthe Original Recipe which is very nice.  Will add to the absinthe brand review section when I receive my Jade Blanchette.  Happy new year folks. 

Hi,

Nice to hear what Absinthe ya been drinkin, Jade Edouard, is already on my table, for tonight, always satisfy's, both taste and mind.

Enjoy!

First attempt at Irish Coffee, made with Réve NOLA Style, local brown sugar, and Irish Channel whiskey. Served in my mug I got from The Irish House (RIP). Buy Leauxcal and Who Dat! :cheerz:

Irish_Coffee.jpg

I love a proper Irish Coffee. Every time I see one of those lame-o jame-o concoctions served up with spray on faux cream, and, God forbid, Bailey's, it just makes me want to cry.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right. This applies especially to making coffee and cocktails. Sure it was a decent bit of prep work, but it was worth it. :thumbup:

Edited by Cajun Magic

On 1/14/2019 at 1:06 AM, Patient Explorer said:

Ojen?  Is that a brand or a flavor?  I am intrigued, as I enjoy a nice frappé myself. 

It's an Anis liqueur. The original was discontinued and the Sazarac Company brought it back to life. It's Legendre Ojen. The cocktail is a New Orleans staple and the unofficial official drink of Mardi Gras.

Recipe from Hermes Bar: 2 Ounces Ojen, 1 dash of Peychaud's, 1 teaspoon of superfine sugar, 1/2 oz of water, crushed ice, shake all ingredients and empty into a chilled old fashioned glass.

Edited by Cajun Magic

Cajun Magic, thank you for the follow-up! That sounds great!  I've been looking for a nice Anis for my bar.  

I'll make sure I grab a bottle of this once I get a chance to visit the big easy sometime in the not too distant future, as I don't think i'd be able to grab it anywhere nearby.

I really need to go to New Orleans for an assortment of reasons.

Uncle Val’s Botanical gin out of Bend, OR. Expensive, but, sweet and mellow. 

Just finished off a bottle of Knappogue Castle 12 Y.o. Single Malt Irish Whiskey (178 of 216 bottles). Now enjoying a Tremblement De Terre made with Pierre Ferrand Reserve and Toulouse Green. Life is good absinthe fam. :cheers:

Do you make your tremblement de terre 1:1 absinthe to cognac?  That sounds pretty intense.   

Also, MasterPC, how expensive are we talking?  I love a fine botanical gin.

I happen to have just had one Allagash Sixteen Counties along with a cocktail containing one lime, one clementine, cachaça, tequila, triple sec, ginger syrup topped w/ grapefruit seltzer.  I am feeling groovy, my dudes!  :cheers:

Great question. About $58.00.