DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Silver City Brewing Big Magnificent Bastard, which is their Scotch ale aged in MacCallan barrels.

This is the finest Scotch ale I've tasted since the Flyers 140 schilling example aged in Laphroaig barrels about ten years ago.

BMB is remarkably smooth and impeccably balanced with a huge Macallan presence from beginning to the incredibly lengthy finish.

Lots of sherry (the Macallan shining through the base beer), chocolate, caramel, toffee, apple, persimmon, pear, honeysuckle, breadfruit, star fruit, vanilla and, of course, a healthy dose of peat.

At first, I was wishing this had been aged in an Islay barrel, which would have added a more briny and smoky twang, but then I realized that the base beer would have most likely been overwhelmed by such extreme flavors, and as I continued to sip this wonder, I realized that Macallan had been the perfect choice.

Kudos to Silver City, and cograts on one damn fine twenty year anniversary celebration brew. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Edited by Absomphe

As I continue to sip and savor this masterpiece, I'm also detecting esters of graham crackers, cherries, figs, dates, raisins and plums.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted by this offering, and I feel very lucky to have been able to score a couple (or three) growlers of it.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted by this offering, and I feel very lucky to have been able to score a couple (or three) growlers of it.

Pm'ing you my address, old buddy ole friend old pal.

I'm gettin' those puppies ready fer mailin', ole chum...

Oh, wait, I hear tell them growlers don't travel none too well, and I just couldn't imagine compromisin' the integrity of such a hoo-doggies kinda brew. B)

It's a perfect afternoon for a pot of decaf, a bottle of wine, some very fine hash oil and, for now, my fav FFDP playlist.

With a line-up like that, I have no idea where the evening will lead me. (Somewhere fun, I hope. :devil:)

:arrr:

I'm trying to imagine that combo as a single cocktail...which only confirms my fears that I've been watching far too much of the Viceland channel, of late. :cheerz:

I forgot to mention the organic peanut butter cups I found at the store. Ohmyfuckingaaawd! :dribble:

It also occurred to me that since there's a game on this evening, all this is leading up to naked football.

Hot damn, it doesn't get a whole lot better than that. B)

So my twin, can you put the rest of it in that cocktail too?? :dev-cheers:

Well, I know you're (physically) on the petite side, butt, I'm not sure, even naked, if you'd quite fit, butt I'd certainly put forth my best efforts to (as Jean Luc Picard was so fond of saying) "make it so", darlin'. :dev-cheers: :heart:

Simple g & t.

I'm thrilled to have received a phone call from Elizabeth Station informing me that I'm the lucky winner of the right to purchase a super-rare bottle of Fremont Brewing's Dark Star The Ancient One, which was long-aged in 35 year old Heaven Hill bourbon barrels. :b-day:

Edited by Absomphe