DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Hey Brian, I'd like to set one up this week for 6pm EST, that way friends overseas can join in, later in their evening, of course. Nice ALMOST seeing you the other night! Anyone want in? Google Plus seems to be the way to go. Google Plus isn't the most intuitive, but once you've added a friend, it's easy to video with them. Let me know. It's the next best thing to being there in person.

Tonight I'm drinking 2012 Marteau, and I really like it. No sugar, 4:1, or thereabouts, as I don't measure...I just add water till it looks and tastes right.

Last night I had a little Skype toast with a few absintheurs from all over the place. That was fun! I had La Maison Verte, L'Adoree, and Obsello II.

Anyone who would like to join me in a drink over Skype, FaceTime, Foogle+, etc, shoot me a note. We had some good conversation.

I'm in if we can make the time Europe friendly too. Meaning you could start at 4 or 5 pm EST, which can't be all bad. Skype, FT, or G+ are all good.

I'm a rabid fan of Ardbeg, but, in all honesty, that's about all you taste in this ale. It's unique, (and extremely intense) in that respect, but there's little resembling balance there.

I have just started a new Cocktail blog and I am having trouble getting together exciting Absinthe based cocktails, can anyone give me some fresh ideas?

Have a look over here, we have over 170 of them. Although, there aren't many good absinthe-based cocktails; absinthe works best in mixed drinks when it's used like bitters, in small doses.

Why don't you head over to the newcomers section and start an introductory thread and tell us more about yourself so we can give you a proper welcome?

Isn't Ardbeg the single malt with an ad featuring a one eyed Scot? I like any peaty single malt.

I've never actually seen any Ardbeg advertising, so i couldn't tell you, but it's among the peatier single malts, although not as boggy (no relation :fork: :laugh: ) as it once was.

I would like to get in on some convo via Skype if possible.

Cool. Hit me up via PM and we'll make it happen.

Friday's Google+ green hour chat is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. EST.

Vieux Carré Absinthe Supérieure.

My wife got home from Gulf Wars 22 this morning and brought me a bottle as a souvenir. She really does love me!

l.jpg​

Jade VS 1898 c. January 2013. Delicious!

Indeed! My favorite Jade. I had the chance to compare some 2005 VS with some 2012 VS and the consistency between the two was excellent (though the 2005 had become nicely fuller and rounder).

8202240116_57bd422aed.jpg
Jade VS by Green_Baron, on Flickr
Edited by Green Baron

Vieux Carré Absinthe Supérieure.

My wife got home from Gulf Wars 22 this morning and brought me a bottle as a souvenir. She really does love me!

Watch out, Maredudd. That Soldier is just trying to get in your pants!

It's been nice to drink again. I had a frickin' awesome glass of a prototype absinthe on Sunday, and a bourbon/gran classico/carpano cocktail last night.

I would like to get in on some convo via Skype if possible.

Cool. Hit me up via PM and we'll make it happen.

Friday's Google+ green hour chat is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. EST.

I was excited for a moment, but then I remembered when I switched work computers I no longer have a webcam. Maybe when I switch again!

Glad to know the surgery went well for you Ms. Ambear. :thumbup:

Now back to drinkin' dammit! You got some catching up to do. :dev-cheers:

And to Deluge and Green Baron, beautiful photo's. Thank you. I really enjoy them all.

oh yeah, beer or absinthe.....probably both.

Bourbon Abominable today.

Oh, and nice new photo, Ambear. Reminds me more than a little of Amanda Donahoe, circa 1985. :thumbup:

Edited by Absomphe

Bourbon Abominable today.

Oh, and nice new photo, Ambear. Reminds me more than a little of Amanda Donahoe, circa 1985. :thumbup:

Thanks! I was born that year. :holiday:

Martinis in Montana sound greeaaaat right about now.