Julie Legate

Another introduction

Hi,

I've been lurking in the proverbial shadows and reading over Theatre 73's shoulder. He has repeatedly encouraged me to check in but I think I'm a bit shy.

About myself:

Tequila snob

Wine amateur

Mead and Ale enthusiast

15 years as a Mental Health Advocate

4 years as a vocational dabbler

"The Theatre Mom"

Novice herbalist, future healer

Obsessive to Theatre 73's compulsive

*Love* the medicinal properties of absinthe--headaches disappear, life is good and everyone in the room is your best friend. What more could you ask for?

Cool forum populated by a great group of people.

Maggie

Glad you said hello! Welcome! :cheers:

It sounds like you have plenty to discuss, and there are plenty of us here to cover all of your interests. A good rule: have a drink, make a post. Have another, read response, drink, post...you get the idea. Hell, I'm doing it now and I'd probably keep typing if I didn't need to refresh my drink. Just do not mention sugar :P

I'm glad to know there's a mental health advocate in our midst. We've gone without proper representation for TOO long.

I like your avatar! Welcome. :cheers:

I'm glad to know there's a mental health advocate in our midst. We've gone without proper representation for FAR too long.

I like your avatar! Welcome. :cheers:

I think it is a bit to late... :P

Welcome Maggie. I'm new too so I'm gettting to know everyone a little at a time. There's a lot of info here and it's an education.

BTW, You're already a healer. I can tell because you're very first post was at 11:11, and that's no coincidence. What part of the country do come from?

:cheers:

No litter needed here. I'm an indoor/outdoor cat but a potted plant will serve in a pinch. I like the drink, post, drink philosophy. Thus far it has been drink, read, drink. Cow's Bell is in the upper NW corner of Montana. The Flathead Valley to be exact. God's Country. I followed Theatre 73. We grabbed a Chronicle of Higher Education, an atlas and searched for mountains and water. Life handed us the Flathead. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm not sure Slackjaw would agree in that right now.

After Friday night I'm not sure I agree with that right now either. Happy birthday and a speedy recovery to you, Slackjaw!

Welcome!

So many theatre people all of a sudden.

I met my husband while working on a High School play, several decades ago. We both participated in community theatre for years.

Now our hobbies are a little more outdoor oriented. But we still enjoy Seattle's ever-evolving theatre scene.

Welcome!

But we still enjoy Seattle's ever-evolving theatre scene.

Yeah, but do you enjoy it in the buff?

I'm not sure Slackjaw would agree in that right now.

After Friday night I'm not sure I agree with that right now either.   Happy birthday and a speedy recovery to you, Slackjaw!

Thank you Maggie, and welcome! :cheers:

Hey Maggie, nice join. I was a clinical child and family therapist here in MT for over 15 years before opening my private mediation practice and my fire safety business (less stress and more money). My advice to everyone - don't burn your Absinthe. I did some work with Stillwater in your area back in the day.

Oh yeah, I tried my first Mead the other day. It was called English Mead and came recommended. I liked it