OMG_Bill

Pernod Vintage?

Ahhhhhh what a grand day. These are what sparked my interest in absinthe. I'd appreciate info and I have more pictures. Just ask. One is about half full.

Wow, looks nice. I'm not an expert on post-ban vintages, but it looks to be in good shape. I bet you could make a lot of friends fast with something like that. Assuming it's not stolen :harhar:

I didn't get a pic of the punt but here are a couple more. Thanks for offering to help. Hard to believe this was found in an old house in Oklahoma city.

It should be pre-1938. Looks very good and it will taste just great.

There are probably a bunch here and elsewhere who'd be willing to help you part from one of those.

In 1912, just after absinthe has been banned from Swiss, Edouard Pernod formed Pernod S.A..

In the 20's, they started to produce absinthe again in Tarragona with their swiss herbs.

Until 1938 : Pernod Fils bought Pernod S.A. and the famous Pernod Fils labels replaced this one. I don't know anything about the recipe but I guess there's the very last batch of famous Edouard Pernod absinthe in your bottle.

I actually have a 50 cl bottle, probably dating from the 50's : the stamp glass shows Pernod S.A. , like on your bottle.

bout-pft60-04.jpg

Where'd you snag that?

Lou Diamond Phillips: "The mailman. I strangled him. His body's decomposing in my locker."

Definitely worth bumping a three and a half year old thread for.

I was wondering if anyone would notice that!

Also, I saw one of Bill's bottles when I was over at his place. It was empty :(

Funny the things I find in that closet. *smile*

I have some of that in a small sample bottle you can whiff the next time you come by.

Oh, by the way, the pix show the customs label. The label is hard to read but I believe the date was September 1930 or 1931. The arrows indicate the level before it left Europe and the level after it arrived here. You're right, the thing is empty and I'm bummed. I like yours much better. *grin*

Definitely worth bumping a three and a half year old thread for.

I was wondering if anyone would notice that!

At first I thought it was a little weird of Bill to be starting a thread about that, and when I saw the following posts I almost thought I was on a different forum. Then I saw the dates.

Those bottles had been in my brothers cabinet since the late '70's or early '80's. We were clueless. I feel I'm much better now......except for the emptiness.

<sigh>

Yeah, but that's a fantastic way to start your passion! Most people have a pretty shitty story on how they began their journey.

Yeah, some had to start with Deva, Segarra, Mari Mayans, and real clandestine la bleue, and work their way up to Un Emile. :cheers:

There, that's better. B)