Absomphe

Eichelberger 68

Re: Ike's similarities to BDF and VDF:

I'd like to know what that flavor is as well. I find it very pronounced and off-putting (frankly, it almost gags me) in BDF, less annoying in VDF and quite well-balanced by the other elements in Ike.

Did you just open the BDF? I didn't care for it when I first opened the bottle but after 6 months of sitting on my shelf I actually enjoyed a glass.

I had my first glass of this absinthe a few weeks ago and, oh boy, I was totally blown away! It's my new No. 1 (the previous No. 1 was Jade Edouard). I love everything about this absinthe: color, louche, aroma and of course the taste. And the price is also very good for such a quality product.

Okay, I gotta toss in my, um, 2 cents on this one. I've had a bottle of this stuff(Verte 68) for a few months now, and I frickin' love the stuff. I love the spicy"peppery" finish, the whole taste cycle moves pretty quickly but for a short ride it is very scenic. I have no problem with Multiple Glasses. When I get on a computer that works properly I will post my own review but really I am strongly in accord with Absomphe. As a matter of fact, what motivated me to join the forum was wanting to comment on the Eich, but I soon got pulled in so many different directions by my obsessive tendencies that this is the first I've said about it. :cheerz:

I also think the Eichelberger is fabulous. I've only had one bottle thus far (now nearly empty), but I'll certainly be getting more soon. I wish I could get it in a 1 liter size.

I wish I could get it in a 1 liter size.

I can. And have. And do.

The 68 is not their best product, IMO.

I wish I could get it in a 1 liter size.

I can. And have. And do.

The 68 is not their best product, IMO.

Where did you buy a 1 liter bottle? :dribble: And which Ike is your favourite then?

And why is Eichelberger called Ike by the way?

And why is Eichelberger called Ike by the way?

It's an Eisenhower thing...must be a lot of golf-nuts who enjoy absinthe.

I think it has a classier, pre-ban ring to it, if the spelling remains the same, but it's pronounced Eichel-bear-zhay. ;)

I'll add myself to the list of those that enjoy Ike. It has such a different character from the Duplais line, I love a glass of each to try and pick out what it is that makes them so different.

An 'interesting' discovery I made today out in the sun with some friends - if you leave a louched glass of Ike out it in the sun by accident and come back to it it tastes like total arsegravy :dead: That particular spicy, piquant flavour that people who know what these things are would be able to place gets blown out of all proportion and it tastes rather like how warm turpentine smells.

I will have the first 6 bottles of their new 78 verte on Friday, guys from a german board who tried it a few days ago in Taxöldern are very excited about it. It seems it is really good.

Monkeys brought me a bottle of this as part of a healthy LDF shipment, will chime in later with my opinion :cheers:

Hey, me two! :cheers: I got that, along with a bottle of Montemarte and Absinthe Duplais. I think I'm going to cave and get another batch of three, just to get my paws on some La Croquet.

Had my first taste of the Eich 68 tonight thanks to buddhasynth, and really enjoyed it. Review has been posted. As I mentioned in the review, this is the first non-US available absinthe I've tasted, and it's got me seriously considering a LdF order.

I just got an email from Fine Spirits Corner, and they're pushing a two-pack of Eich 68 for 58.87 EUR - about $88 USD, with 2-for-1 shipping.

With shipping to the US via regular mail (which I've never had a problem with from FSC), it comes out to ~$62 a bottle. That seems like a heck of a deal to me!

http://www.spiritscorner.com/scriptsing/bu...dProducto=12228

I'd be curious to try the new one but why 78%??? Their "Brut" is only 2% more, I mean what's the point.

This Absinthe is something very special. It is distilled with 26! herbs. This gives this Absinthe an extreme complexity. When you already have some experiences with detecting different herbs in Absinthes, you will especially enjoy this Verte. But Eichelberger Verte 78 is not only for Absinthe professionals. The herbs build a very balanced taste which can be enjoyed by professionals and beginners alike. Like every Eichelberger Absinthe this one has a very thick, milky louche and an intense aroma.