Absomphe

Eichelberger 68

FWIW, every time I give the Ike Verte to someone who is relatively new to absinthe, they flip over it and decide their new favourite beverage is absinthe. Good job Deep Forest for winning over new converts to absinthism!

It took me a while to try this absinthe but I'm glad I finally got around to it. It has a great mouthfeel and an anise and fennel profile that forces you to savor it. It got me re-interested in absinthe after a moment of boredom and a change to discover some great beers. Next time I get bored with absinthe I just might drink one of my vintage absinthe samples. ;)

I didn't get to try the first CO batch of the 'Ike', is this current batch significantly different? Can you notice some changes like in the Montmartre?

We were trying to figure out what flower was in Ike at the party Saturday. It's very obviously a floral scent, but we couldn't pin down what flower.

Anybody?

I never got around to pouring that glass. I will now.

Edit, 5 minutes later: I think it's Genepi—I smell it more than taste it. And yes, I taste the mint. I also taste cinnamon and possibly a teensy bit of cardamom, but pretty subtle. Maybe even a secret ingredient I know of from an unrelated HG, but that would be very surprising.

Another edit. It's like what I'd expect Montmartre to be if it veered heavily toward a more traditional flavor.

Off Topic,

I tried both versions (Montmartre) side by side at Doc's house, I think I still like version 1 for it's uniqueness. Version 2 is good but not as distinctive.

Edited by Stroller

I can't decide if he's serenading a hooker, or threatening to rape someone "spicy".

You can't hide, girl

I'm comin' inside, girl

Might as well face it, Cinnamon

You know I'm gonna get ya

I'm drinking Eich right now. I like it.

One general question, I notice a background lightly bitter muddiness (best I can describe it, no it doesn't taste like mud, just a dullish taste) that I've noticed in VdF and BdF but not in others, including the Brut. Any of the more traveled people know what it might be? Or is my description/tastebuds too off to tell.