OMG_Bill

Hello, I'm OMG_Bill

Greetings from Oklahoma,

I have had an interest in Absinthe since my brother found a couple bottles in an old house about 15 years ago. He still has them. I didn't buy any until last year. My youngest child graduated high school last year and I was finally able to do something other than fund raisers, Boy Scouts and Orchestra. These were all wonderful things but it's my turn. LDF, La Fee and Absinth24 have been my main sources. LDF is my favorite to date. I'm in my early fifties and truly enjoy relaxing with a glass or two in the evening.

I work for an Oilfield service company and really don't feel personally responsible for the high price of fuel. I get flamed enough for that in day to day life. My job is hectic and being on call 24/7 for the last twenty five years may have made me a bit grumpy.

The amount of Absinthe information online is staggering and way varied. Just like my job it seems that separating the sugar from the shit is the key.

This forum offers loads of opinions and I have some of my own.

My other interests are coin/currency collecting and trading.

Any questions?

Thank you for letting me ramble and allowing me in your forum. ; )

Welcome. What type of coins do you collect? I'm an ancient collector (mostly Roman and Celtic).

You've come to the right place. The members here are extremely knowledgable.

Thank you all, I like Fractional Currency the most right now. Oklahoma City is where I reside. The bottles are about 1932 +/-. Will check on the labels in a few days. I had asked him to share but changed my mind until I had become more familiar with Absinthe subtleties. Nice hat Theatre73.

Glad you like my new chapeau! I was playing with a louche-ing gif for my avatar but couldn't get it to behave like I wanted.

So I found this nice photo of Adolphe Appia, a pioneer in theatre lighting design.

His Swiss, French and theatre lighting background makes him a natural for me. I can just see him mulling over the application of that new fangled electricity over a glass or two of our favorite beverage! Besides, it's a cool hat! (If anyone has any information that suggests Adolphe was a weenie little Tee-totaller, please keep it to yourself)

I hope you enjoy yourself here, OMG_Bill.

I can't remember a warmer welcome <sniff> . I will have to verify his findings and will certainly report on them. I have several things to offer my Bro in return and I will share my experience. Details may not be to forum standards but I'll do my very best. I really don't think i'm a total redneck but I certainly appreciate good drink. Kübler is tonights sippage. I find it very pleasant. Wear me out with questions.......I'll pretend it's a test.

Thank you all, I like Fractional Currency the most right now. Oklahoma City is where I reside. The bottles are about 1932 +/-. Will check on the labels in a few days. I had asked him to share but changed my mind until I had become more familiar with Absinthe subtleties. Nice hat Theatre73.

Welcome!

Did those 1930's bottle look like this?

post-35-1139115513_thumb.jpg

Welcome! :cheers:

Get some good photos of the bottles if you can, particularly the labels, and ost them here. Sounds like he already opened them, huh? Be careful with that stuff—it could be quite valuable. Vintage absinthe can fetch up in the thousands.

I'll get pix and post them. As far as I know .....He and a friend have taken a shot apiece and put it away. That was last year I believe. Pix to come shortly I hope. I certainly appreciate the interest......

Welcome Bill.

Careful with your brother's absinthe. While it might be valuable, the bigger danger is that it causes strange looking people to arrive on your doorstep at odd hours.

:cheers:

Vintage Absinthe = instant friends :P

I've heard I can be fun.........I reckon it depends on what condition my condition is in. Please, be tolerant of a dumbass redneck. As a general rule, inside jokes are over my head. Thanks again for all the welcomes. The threads ramble as much as I do. It's ....kind of.........comfortable. Any questions? Groovy, Bill