AmCo

Hello People! I'm new to the forum!

Hello everyone, I just placed an order with Alandia for my first order of absinthe. :cheers: I can't wait to recieve my bottles so I can open it up and drink it.

I ordered

1 Bottle of FrancoSuisse

1 Bottle of Strong68

1 Bottle of Suisse La Bleue Clandestine

2 Croix Suisse Spoon, silver plated

2 Pontarlier II Glass

Everything to get me started on my journey. :)

Info: I'm just a 23yr old college student. Nothing special here! :drunk:

Looks pretty good, except for the Strong. But I guess if you let your kid stick his finger in the electrical outlet, he probably won't do it again.

At least you get to see for yourself what the whole deal with bad absinthe is. Welcome! :cheers:

Indeed! The other two bottles I kind of did reasearch on it and didn't realize how much shipping was from Eur to US, so i decided to pick up another bottle, (strong68) Probably wasn't the best choice but I just chose an inexpensive bottle at the time. :)

It will certainly be an educational experience. The other two I'm sure you'll like (especially the Clandestine). Let us know your first impressions.

I'll give my first imperssion on the forum when i recieve the order in. I just realized that this thread is suppose to the newcomer thread. haha

Welcome AmCo! Two questions:

How did you become interested in absinthe?

Nevermind; one question is enough.

I'm just a 23yr old college student. Nothing special here!

HA! Care to trade places? I never thought so at the time, but in retrospect, 23 was pretty great. Beats all hell out of 54.

Welcome. :cheers:

Greetings, AmCo.

Hopefully, becoming a regular around here will help you avoid choices like the Wrong 68, in the future.

Otherwise, nice first picks.

Welcome AmCo!

Bear in mind, the Forum warns of the Strong 68 (et al) from past experience, not uppity-ness. Many of us started with a drink of neon green crap before we knew better. I'm sure I have many more lessons ahead of me. This is an excellent place to let the education begin and continue.

The Strong68 is best served using the Czech ritual (pouring in down the drain). I'd sooner lick the rim of the toilet bowl than drink that crap.

But the Clandestine...you're in for a treat. If I had a magic lamp, the first wish would be to have that stuff flow from my faucets.

I'll be sure to drink the strong68 first, so i can enjoy my other two bottles later. I guess i'll share the bottle with a few of my friends and keep the other ones for a special ocassion or just myself. :)

Welcome AmCo! Two questions:

How did you become interested in absinthe?

Nevermind; one question is enough.

I found out about absinthe through movies and literature, so I did some research online and found a few places that offered it and now i'm ready to take the dive. :harhar:

I found out about absinthe through movies and literature, so I did some research online and found a few places that offered it and now i'm ready to take the dive.

Absolutely! Jump on in, the water is fine.

Welcome! :cheers:

And congratulations on at least one great bottle to start off with, and another that can't possibly suck, seeing as it's made by the same craftsman. I'd be interested to hear your take on a side-by-side comparison between those two.

As for the Strong 68, the bottle can be made into an interesting lamp.

ps- and you ponied up for the expensive spoons! Those are pretty new. I've wanted somebody to repro that particular spoon for awhile now. The ones you got, from Alandia, are very nice spoons, heavy and thickly plated.

I'll be sure to drink the strong68 first, so i can enjoy my other two bottles later.

If you can.

I guess i'll share the bottle with a few of my friends and keep the other ones for a special ocassion or just myself. :)

Good luck.

Oh, & welcome.

I'll be sure to drink the strong68 first, so i can enjoy my other two bottles later. I guess i'll share the bottle with a few of my friends and keep the other ones for a special ocassion or just myself. :)

Share the good stuff with your friends, not the Strong68. I mean, they are your FRIENDS, right?

:cheers:

In the last few months I have noticed more people getting good absinthe for their first purchase. Maybe the absinthe community is doing some good. Dont give your friends the Strong68 if you are looking for more converts.

Well is there anyone here younger than me? I am 21.

Well is there anyone here younger than me? I am 21.

Unlikely...............

1 Bottle of Suisse La Bleue Clandestine
will save the day!!

:no-czechs3:

and Welcome Sir! :cheers: :sp_ike: