Sign in to follow this  
JM_Greentongue

Vintage Pernod Fils Tarragona for sale and some Be

COLOR BEFORE WATER 6/10

Being 100 years old and well preserved the color, very similar to the original, was more yellow than green and somewhat unimpressive.

LOUCHE ACTION 6/10

Louche was simply thin and very gradual. No swirls of thickness and no visible "cloud" that usually forms. It just changed to an off-white gradually.

COLOR AFTER WATER 7/10

This was not bad at all but did appear thin - even when just watering until the thin clear layer was gone.

AROMA 20/30

The nose was nothing like I had expected. Incredibly light and I would describe it as a watered-down perfume that was originally a light floral.

MOUTH-FEEL 7/10

Not as thin as it looked but had far to go before I would consider it "thick", still, not that bad, I had to score it at least a 7.

TASTE 11/20

Here is where the lowest marks are to be given. You almost swear that a perfume was part of the mix. It lacked any clear characteristics but "sweet liquorish" and "perfume" and was simply not that pleasant. Thank God they don't all taste like this.

OVERALL IMPRESSION 5/10

I am not that sorry to say that I will probably never finish what I bought (except for the price) - it's one you could avoid while looking for vintage Edouard Pernod and Pernod Fils. This seems like a drink that somehow got watered down and then spritzed with a thin floral perfume. Save your money.

JMFranc scores Pre-ban Premier Fils circa 1910 62 out of 100

Quite telling. A foreshadowing of things to come

I've tried four vintage absinthes and got them all from the same guy. He lives in New Orleans and I just bought some more of the Vintage Pernod Fils Tarragona he's offering up. He's got two bottles - one from the 40's and I think one from the 60's. I offered to put a link to it here as a favor to him. He's the real deal and look forward to one of each of these samples. And the price is reasonable.

LINK TO HIS PAGE

Seems some people had some beef with him a while back. If so, ignore this post but I've had great luck with everything I received from him.

would be worth looking onto if your link want a lie...just an ad...do not click!!!!!

I'll be selling vintage Tarragona just as soon as I can swipe JMgreentogue's empty bottle. It will combine the traditional kick of everclear with the soft subtle nuances of a fine green Kool-Aid.

I'll be selling vintage Tarragona just as soon as I can swipe JMgreentogue's empty bottle. It will combine the traditional kick of everclear with the soft subtle nuances of a fine green Kool-Aid.

Don't forget to add a little maple syrup . . .