Sign in to follow this  
nondual

Tasting the Montemarte right now...

I like! Other people have a theory?

See what eating raw wormwood has done to us? Maybe the 19th century wine syndicate was right all along! Or maybe we just need some highly skilled alchemists to set us straight...

I have a bottle of the first edition Montmarte. Unlike most other absinthe I've tried, I find I like this less each time I try it. Not entirely sure what isn't working for me, but it must be the "cinnamon", 'cause even the extreme bottle of Leone I picked up last year calls me back, but the Montmarte looks to languish in the liquor cabinet.

I had the good fortune (thanks Atlanta WS'ers) to try the second edition, and I find it considerably better than the first. Still not appealing enough to buy a bottle. There are too many others I like better, and enough new entering the market to keep me busy for a while...

The whole preference thing is a lot like individual choice in significant others (really PC here) some like dark, some light, some slant, some pasty white, some with different tastes, some seeking wonder bread.

Find what you like and go for it ! :cheers: :drunk: :hyper:

I started going for it at noon today, and there is still daylight left ?