Sign in to follow this  
Bodhran_Thumper

Shocking prices online for absinthe

Just out of curiosity I was browsing Spanish absentas and this was the price quoted for a litre bottle of Segarra 45, 230 Euro, is that right?? It doesn't mention anything about it being vintage, if you think that's a lot the Segarra 68 goes for a whopping 375 Euro, that's fecking nuts money to be paying for absinthe.  This is from the Absinth Depot.de in Berlin.  https://absinthdepot.de/en/product-category/absinthe/absinthe-from-spain/   Then I was browsing Irish websites and came across Drinkstore.ie, some of the prices they are quoting for La Fee stuff is ridiculous, La Fee XS absinthe 70cl bottle retails at 110 Euro WTF! and La Fee XS Suise retails at 100 Euro whilst their usual stuff Parisienne etc retails at 65 Euro, absolutely crazy https://www.drinkstore.ie/Spirits-Absinthe/1/ .  I'm hoping my order from Alandia comes through, if it doesn't we are truly fucked here in Ireland trying to get decent absinthe and a decent price.

Edited by Bodhran_Thumper

6 hours ago, Bodhran_Thumper said:

,,,, the price quoted for a litre bottle of Segarra 45, 230 Euro, is that right??

Segarra has always been one of the more expensive non-vintage absinthes.( And it is possible that it is no longer in production.)