Sign in to follow this  
Bodhran_Thumper

Loch Ness Blanche Absinthe - Scotland's first absinthe

Has anyone heard of the Loch Ness Blanche absinthe, I was reading great reviews about it in the Facebook group Absinthe Originals and I'm dying to get my hands on a bottle.  The distillery is run by a retired couple.  https://www.thespiritsbusiness.com/2018/09/loch-ness-spirits-unveils-first-scottish-absinthe-blanche/

Will post a review when I procure a bottle.

As you might have already heard, Lorien Cameron-Ross studied with Patrick Grand to develop her absinthe.

the murmichan label kind of reminds me of the mt defiance one (not super similar but similar-ish). both nice labels. haven't been really interested in blanches lately though.

Have been checking out the websites, UK sites and Amazon.co.uk but every page I open puts up a disclaimer that they don't ship to Ireland which is annoying, I will have to plan a visit to Scotland and order both to be delivered to my sister or brother there.  Anyone know where this can be bought and shipped from the UK to the EU, well that will be the case anyway in a month or two when Brexit kicks in.  There will probably be an extra import charge for this when it happens if they actually ship to Ireland.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:12 PM, MisterX said:

haven't been really interested in blanches lately though.

Then you've just not had a good one! When you forego the coloring herbs you get the pure spirit of absinthe! And a truly quality distillation of the white will just shine!