#1 davidmac

davidmac

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:28 AM

Hello all,

I've always been fascinated by absinthe, in part because I grew up in a house where my parents served Arak to friends on special occasions. As such, anise based drinks have always been a fascination, such as Ouzo, Raki, Sambucca, etc. I'm sure there is a world of difference in the subtleties of these drinks, hence the journey begins here, on this site. 

I like to categorize things and I wasn't sure if there was a simple categorization among the different absinthe drinks on the market. However, I recently came across the categorization below. I do like the simplicity, however, I'm always a little worried when things are simplified. Nevertheless, it does seem like a simple way to get started on this journey.

Appreciate any thoughts on the utility of this grid and whether is is completely erroneous or perhaps a useful tool to get started. I am particularly interested in the axes of this grid and their respective labels.

Many thanks.

Dave

Attached Files

#2 Hedonmonkey

Hedonmonkey

Minx the Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

:cheers:

Now twenty people got to squeeze inside the same bathtub, so it ain't all bad.  ~Tank Girl

If you're riding my ass, you'd best be pulling my hair.

"Oh, shut up you silly fuck", said the reptile with a grin. You knew damn well that I was a snake before you took me in.

#3 TheLoucheyMonster!

TheLoucheyMonster!

Absinthe Geek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

Appreciate any thoughts on the utility of this grid and whether is is completely erroneous or perhaps a useful tool to get started. I am particularly interested in the axes of this grid and their respective labels.

Looks like a fun way to keep track of things. :euro:

#4 fingerpickinblue

fingerpickinblue

Hallucinations Sold Separately

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:58 AM

Welcome to the WS!

That grid apparently comes from some bar or restaurant. I'd be curious to know who originated it.

Found it. Sage in Las Vegas. Flames and all.
blind man see her, dumb man call her name - Ed Bell

#5 Cajun Magic

Cajun Magic

High Class Coonass (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

Welcome! :cheers:
Absinthe! Comme c'est la douceur de vivre!

"Living well is the best revenge." ~George Herbert

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius, et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius.

#6 davidmac

davidmac

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

Welcome to the WS!

That grid apparently comes from some bar or restaurant. I'd be curious to know who originated it.

Found it. Sage in Las Vegas. Flames and all.

Yes, that's exactly where I found it! So, I was just wondering how appropriate/relevant. 

Thoughts appreciated!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association