Sign in to follow this  
davidmac

Introduction and Hello from Chester NJ

Hello all,

I've always been fascinated by absinthe, in part because I grew up in a house where my parents served Arak to friends on special occasions. As such, anise based drinks have always been a fascination, such as Ouzo, Raki, Sambucca, etc. I'm sure there is a world of difference in the subtleties of these drinks, hence the journey begins here, on this site.

I like to categorize things and I wasn't sure if there was a simple categorization among the different absinthe drinks on the market. However, I recently came across the categorization below. I do like the simplicity, however, I'm always a little worried when things are simplified. Nevertheless, it does seem like a simple way to get started on this journey.

Appreciate any thoughts on the utility of this grid and whether is is completely erroneous or perhaps a useful tool to get started. I am particularly interested in the axes of this grid and their respective labels.

Many thanks.

Dave

post-4829-0-44623400-1522682893_thumb.jpg

Appreciate any thoughts on the utility of this grid and whether is is completely erroneous or perhaps a useful tool to get started. I am particularly interested in the axes of this grid and their respective labels.

Looks like a fun way to keep track of things. :euro:

Welcome to the WS!

That grid apparently comes from some bar or restaurant. I'd be curious to know who originated it.

Found it. Sage in Las Vegas. Flames and all.

Welcome to the WS!

That grid apparently comes from some bar or restaurant. I'd be curious to know who originated it.

Found it. Sage in Las Vegas. Flames and all.

Yes, that's exactly where I found it! So, I was just wondering how appropriate/relevant.

Thoughts appreciated!