Sign in to follow this  
Austin-Verdegris

An Austin 'Howdy"

A quick 'howdy' to introduce myself to the forum!

I'm Carl and I live in NW Austin, TX - having moved here a few years back from Dallas.

I discovered The Wormwood Society by accident. I was primarily interested in making a Chrysanthemum cocktail. Color me surprised to discover not only that absinthe is legal, but that it is also being made here in the U.S. of A. - all this from a quick read from The Wormwood Society website! I bought a bottle of Leopold Bros. Absinthe Verte based on reviews I found here and have since made some great Chrysanthemum cocktails!

I've been interested in the 'lore' of absinthe for sometime, but was put off by the 'lurid' tales surrounding it; well, more by its not being legally available.

Since I go to New Orleans regularly, I've been to the various iterations of the Old Absinthe House and wondered at the paraphernalia and romance of that former era. I have two replica Pontarlier reservoir glasses, a spoon, and a balancier on the way and I look forward to the exploration, education, and adventure that awaits!

Cheers!

Just curious since I'm not too far from you, have you found any stores that sell any good variety of absinthe?  Up here in Killeen, I have access to a surprising number of absinthes considering how small the town is, but I love trying new absinthes.