Sign in to follow this  
vlsd0041

Helo fro NYS

Just bought my first bottle of absinthe a week ago and waiting for it to come in. Does anyone have any opinions on the absinthe antitoxin?

https://www.absinthes.com/en/absinthe-antitoxin-p899

:laf:

"Unashamedly a novelty absinthe - the unusual shape of its bottle, and its neon-green colour, make it a true eye-catcher.

Not only the unusual shape of its bottle, also its extraordinary, bitter taste, makes this absinthe something special. With its 89.9% alcohol strength, this Absinthe is strong!"

Absinthe should not be bitter. Why ask for advice after you bought it?

My opinion is that it's a rather unfortunate first buy. I'd recommend checking out the absinthe reviews section on the main site to find a proper absinthe that might strike your fancy.

Don't shoot the messenger, you've been hoodwinked by gimmicky, kitschy marketing. This could have been prevented in this "age of total information" with a little online research before you just decided to buy it. You live, you learn.

Now on the bright side, if you want to learn more about absinthe you've came to the right place. I'd like to say welcome and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you! :cheers:

The bottle came in the mail two weeks ago and I had a couple drinks from the bottle for the last two weeks. When I did the ritual, there was no louche and there was a strong taste and smell of black licorice. The absinthe is really hard to drink and takes me an hour or so to finish one glass. What are some good beginner absinthe I could try and what websites can I order them from?

I'd say Mansinthe or Lucid for a "beginner absinthe". Both are solid yet economical examples that will give you a good feel for a traditional absinthe flavor profile. The Trinity (Anise,Fennel, and Grande Wormwood) is balanced and stands out well in both. As for the website, I'd recommend www.maisonabsinthe.com to seek out either or both.

Thank you for the advise on some beginner absinthe. I just ordered the Mansinthe and I'm hopefully I'll get it before this Saturday.