• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Villemo

Villemo

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:52 AM

This is probably the first traditional absinthe distilled in Poland (in a small craft distillery from Nieszawa).

I had an occasion to taste their absinthe and I'm very glad, that someone in my country made this spirit in the traditional way :)

Name: Absynt {Artemisia absinthium}

Style: Verte

Degrees ABV (% alcohol): 60%

Year of Make: 2016

Country of Origin: Poland
Distillery: Manufaktura Alkoholi Gatunkowych "Copernicus"

Below some of my impressions about this absinthe.

1. Appearance: 4
Natural, olive hue with acceptable depth (a little pale). Good clarity, no haze or sediment.

2. Louche: 4
Very nice, rich, but not too milky, nice opalescent.

3. Aroma: 3
Before water is quite strange, smells too much alcohol, herbal aromas hard to define, mainly anise. Much better after adding water – mild, still dominated by anise, but the rest of ingredients appears in smell too (fennel, wormwood, hysop).

4. Flavor and mouthfeel: 3
Not very bitter, smooth, a little poor flavor. Left slight tongue-numbing effect.

5. Finish: 2
Fast receding taste, short numbing effect.

Overall rate: 3

Nice color and really charming louche are great, but I'm a little disappointed by the flavor and aroma (correct, but too poor in my opinion). I think it was the first batch, so I believe, that next parts will be better.

212g7xg.jpg

#2 AbsintheWolf

AbsintheWolf

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

Looks like it would be a decent absinthe. I'd like to get a hold of some eventually. When I was in Krakow last year I searched around and all I could find was "Apsinthion". :thumbdown:

#3 Villemo

Villemo

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:59 AM

Yes, Apsinthion is awful fauxinthe. Polish market is similar to Czech (a lot of strong, artificial coloured vodka called "absinthe) with one huge difference - we don't have our Zufanek :biggrin:
Now Copernicus try to fill this blank space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association