samycissell

Newbie in Southwest Florida

Hello Wormwood Society!

I have come across and tried Absinthe before, but have only recently realized the proper way to enjoy it, learned more about the history, etc. I have gotten very excited about it and am currently awaiting a few orders to try some different recommendations. The reviews on this site have helped me a ton in my recent absinthe journey. I can't wait to share more with you all soon! I am glad I've come across this forum to share in this interest with so many others. :)

-Samy

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. :)

I have started with Walton Waters, Meadow of Love, La Clandestine, and Mt Defiance. All half sizes (besides the WW) to try some different ones out. All have been super tasty! I have been waiting (not very patiently) for small bottles of Butterfly and Nouvelle-Orleans to arrive as well. I have quite a few on my list to order in the future. ;)

Hopefully it will arrive soon! I can't wait to try it. I think my next order will have to be bigger bottles. These aren't going to last very long.

It would be amazing if I could find somewhere to purchase locally.. but no such luck yet. :(

I haven't had Mt. Defiance, but I can attest that the rest are all uniformly excellent, particularly the NO and Clandestine. I must say that is an outstanding first order. 2016 is definitely a great time to get into absinthe, the quality available in the market is light years beyond what it was just 10 years ago.

Dan- thank you! Wormwood's reviews as well as a great group on FB were very helpful in making my choices. I'm just glad I didn't start and spend a bunch of money on some fake stuff :P