Sign in to follow this  
yasbean

Another fallen soldier...

I have found that I have all too many open bottles, but that is because I hate to dispose of my empties. Then again, I don't want to collect them, because they have already served their purpose. I was thinking of soaking the labels and saving them, but then again, that is only half (or less) of the beauty of the bottles. What do you do with your empties?

I've kept a few empties. Like my first (Eddie), and a couple of VC bottles (because I love the shape), very limited or one-off products. Makes me smile to still have an empty that reads Ridge, instead of Vilya, too.

Most just become empty bottles after a time, so they've been recycled.

Edited by Hedonmonkey

When I threw out my first box of forty something empties, I never wanted to be faced with that much guilt again. So now, I just throw them out as they become empty, and my conscience is none the wiser.

Ugh! That is what I am seeing in my future. I felt so guilty throwing out the Ridge bottle after trying my best to soak off the label. In the end, it is just a remnant of a great experience, I guess.

Have you seen the beer bottle cutters that have gotten big lately. You could always cut them into glasses, candles, etc. I don't have any extra room so generally throw mine away. I don't like throwing them away but nothing else i can really do with them.

My wife has taken quite a few New Belgium Lips of Faith series bottles and turned them into drinking glasses by cutting them. The best way is to score the glass using a cutter then pour boiling water over the score, then put it under cold tap water, the glass will split quite clean, then sand and you have a perfect edge.