Sign in to follow this  
Brian Robinson

Grön Opal (Green Opal)

Must've been all that PF 1914 that inspired Mindshifter's palate. :headbang:

From Brian's description, I'd find a bottle (or three) hard to resist, despite my total predilection for malt beverages, these days.

I had my very first sip tonight. Wormwood is powerful and complex. I wonder if it's because it's wild grown. Kind of my ideal absinthe.

I had today my fourth encounter with Opal. I was confirmed in my initial feeling that this is a special absinthe with a unique intensity of taste and aroma. My sister came today as usual on sunday, when we typically enjoy two or three glasses each, comparing the differences. Today I prepared one Opal for her and one Terminus for me. It turns out that Opal is so strong that a single shared glass was clearly enough for both of us. It's not a matter of alcoholic grade, but of the amount of herbal substances, or of the kind and quality of plants.

Wow. This is like Ww concentrate. Lovely stuff.

Some lemon balm and good hyssop here.

Reminds me of the old sauvage.

Edited by greytail

Finally cracked one of my bottles. I'm really digging it. I have a bottle of La Faucille and Sans Frontiers on the way as i hear they are WW concentrate's as well!

That being said i've never personally tried a pre-ban and if anyone ends up with a sample they are willing to sell please let me know.

Edited by blueshockey24

Had a glass of this recently. Man. Best trade I ever made was a bottle of the latest lancienne which I thought was not very good for two bottles of this.

I like this much better.

Glad we scored two bottles of this stuff on our last order. Praised be the Wormwood Society's absinthe ranking system! It really needs to come in full 750ml bottles, though. 500ml is :poop:. I mean, unicorn horns are fine to find in any mercurial medicine, but beefcakes have no place wearing corsets. And anorexic bottles, by their nature, should be banished.

Edited by Alfred Jarry