Sign in to follow this  
le5lieb

Sade

I'm surprised that there isn't a thread for Sade already.

If you like a bold verte, I highly recommend Sade. This is a very nicely put together absinthe. It is complex yet well balanced, bold yet smooth. Wormwood and anise at front, but neither is overpowering. A clear chartreuse before louche and a light green after. It louches quickly and easily. Somewhat creamy but not too much.

Other than the price, I'm not sure why this isn't more popular. Claude-Alain Bugnon does it again.

You made me curious, and now, from what I read about it, this must be my next purchase. I have a bottle of La Clandestine, which is fine. I recently got a bottle of Butterfly, which I love. I only regret that Sade is so costly... Is there a reason why it's more expensive than the other CAB's absinthes?

Butterfly is my current darling, along with La Grenouille. I plan to buy one Sade bottle on my next order to absinthes.com, at the end of April.

Butterfly is my current darling, along with La Grenouille. I plan to buy one Sade bottle on my next order to absinthes.com, at the end of April.

Did you grab a Sade? Thought? Starting to hear great things about it and thinking of ordering myself. I have a backlog of bottles now but don't want to miss out on great offerings. Thanks in advance.

Sade has become one of my favorites. As others have said, I love everything but the price. Highly recommended.

Holy smokes! 5 years between posts! How ya doin'? Good to see you again. Don't be a stranger.