2 replies to this topic

#1 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Founder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,385 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:52 PM

Hey gang, I thought I'd give you all updates on some of the topics in my previous announcement regarding the future of The Wormwood Society.  But first, a little bit about where I'm at:

It Is No Longer Hammer Time

It's been eight years since I started making Marteau Absinthe, and I have little to show for it except a lot of hard-earned industry knowledge, a pile of unpaid bills and debts to friends, and a 600-liter copper alembic sitting outside my back door. I'm extremely proud of my spirits, but without the resources to open an independent distillery, Marteau Absinthe and Foxtrot London Dry Gin are officially on a far back burner indefinitely.

Good News / Bad News

What's bad news for Gnostalgic Spirits may, in this instance, be good news for The Wormwood Society, because it frees me to do more of those other things that I love: researching, writing, teaching, and doing battle in the service of Absinthe Education, online and offline. I'm currently in the process of re-writing and updating our FAQ and other principal articles, and working on site improvements that will increase social media integration.

Monthly Member Subscription

In my earlier post, I outlined what may seem like an ambitious future for WS, but it's really just business-as-usual for any successful non-profit.  It turns out that running a real, honest to goodness educational org that gets things done is an actual job.  It's a job I love, and which I'd happily continue to do for free if I were a man of independent means. Unfortunately, I'm the opposite of that.  I'm a broke-ass unemployed distiller. 

I know that for some of you absinthe is just a casual interest, but some of you are lifestylers.  Just like wine people, you're the absinthe people. Or maybe you're just well-rounded cocktail people.  You actually care about this drink, its history, its reputation, and its healthy and proper place in the drinks world.

If you want to continue to grow the Wormwood Society into the independent, organized, mission-driven organization it's supposed to be, please help me out and consider a subscription.  They're $5, $10, $20, or $50 per month, and you can stop or change whenever you like.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe and Foxtrot London Dry Gin

Please don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and consider a subscription donation.
Every bit helps the further development of the site and future events.

#2 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

"Mr The Judge"

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:38 PM

It's definitely sad to see Marteau and Foxtrot leave but I understand.

I realized the other day that life has kept me from posting a public absinthe review in over a year! Times change.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#3 greytail

greytail

Viridis umbra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:06 PM

They sure do Evan. People change too.
Nos adepto quis nos mereo. Nos mereo quis nos adepto.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association