Sign in to follow this  
yasbean

Shelf life after opening

Does an open bottle of absinthe have a shelf life? I want to compare quite a few different bottles, but don't want to ruin them by letting them sit too long. I know, "Why don't you just drink faster?" But that will not work.

Does an open bottle of absinthe have a shelf life? I want to compare quite a few different bottles, but don't want to ruin them by letting them sit too long. I know, "Why don't you just drink faster?" But that will not work.

Ah, never mind. I found http://wormwoodsociety.org/forums/topic/5986-too-many-open-bottles . Now, to go open another bottle...

Has not been a problem for me. If it really concerns you, Amazon sells "parafilm",,,, a small tape, water and air proof. Inexpensive and gives that extra security. I use it on some of my bourbon. Seems to work, but maybe it just is a placebo for me. The bourbon has never complained, not my absinthe.

Yes, Parafilm. I remember that from my former life in the laboratories. I guess argon would work, too. While on the topic, what do people use for stoppers. For example, Jades come with traditional corks. Fortunately, I have some stoppers from Plungerhead wine, but what do you use?