Sign in to follow this  
Carlo

Hi from Italy

Hi to all from Verona, Italy.

I'm a full time IT consultant, a part time musician (I play tango on the bandoneon), a photographer, a former private pilot, an former yoga teacher. I often change my interests. More than twenty years ago I spent some months in Mountain View, in beautiful California, working for a start-up. How far it seems now.

I developed an interest in absinthes two months ago, after drinking in Germany a wormwood infusion to help some digestion problems. I liked it a lot, and decided to know more about the plant and its derivatives. I'm a very light drinker, I only enjoy some red wine every now and then, and some digestive bitters.

Up to this point I've been tasting about 20 different distilled absinthes, some of them chosen with the help of this amazingly rich forum.

Carlo

Welcome. Initially I began enjoying absinthe as a digestive aid. I have Crohn's disease. Mine is classified as "severe" if five surgeries counts. Having read something of the history of absinthe, I decided to try it.

It works, relieving the generalized abdominal pain. I also love it's taste, the sense of relaxation while sipping it. Now how many modern medicines offer those advantages? Good luck.

It works, relieving the generalized abdominal pain. I also love it's taste, the sense of relaxation while sipping it. Now how many modern medicines offer those advantages?

I have a very delicate stomach, I always had problems with wines, but absinthe has been till now completely trouble free from. My long awaited elixir? :cheerz: