Sign in to follow this  
sphex

Hello from Gainesville Florida

I have finally decided to post on my first forum. Not really big on social media, but am wanting to communicate with fellow absinthe and food geeks. I first fell in love with absinthe in 2006 with La Charlotte, granted not one of my favorites. I seem to remember it smelling like dirty socks. After that our friends from Switzerland brought us a bottle of Kübler 53 which was of course much better. I really got into the whole ritual of preperation, with the slow pouring of the water and watching the louche. Since then I have tried many various brands in which my favorites are butterfly and Nouvelle Orleans. I do have a question and was wondering if anyone has had experience with what absinthe does for gerd (acid reflux). Does it make it worse or help it, I am staying away from alcohol right now to try to calm it down.

Hi and welcome! :cheerz:

if anyone has had experience with what absinthe does for gerd (acid reflux). Does it make it worse or help it, I am staying away from alcohol right now to try to calm it down.

I get it if I drink just before going to bed. Otherwise no problems,

Hi and welcome! :cheerz:

if anyone has had experience with what absinthe does for gerd (acid reflux). Does it make it worse or help it, I am staying away from alcohol right now to try to calm it down.

I get it if I drink just before going to bed. Otherwise no problems,

Of course that is the time I most enjoy drinking it. Thank you for your input. We will have to enjoy it a bit earlier for now on.

. I do have a question and was wondering if anyone has had experience with what absinthe does for gerd (acid reflux). Does it make it worse or help it, I am staying away from alcohol right now to try to calm it down.

I believe I've read someone had good results. I'm a sufferer of heartburn myself/ Had recently tried omeprozole, but had to quit it. It worked great, but gave me serious hip joint and muscle pain. I'd rather suffer along and pop antacid tabs all day that feel like that again.A half a spoonful of baking soda dissolved in half cup of water works pretty good too.