Sign in to follow this  
yasbean

Greetings from NorCal

Hello from Sacramento! I have been fascinated by absinthe ever since my first sip of Pernod when I was 7. I know, it's not absinthe, but I was told that Pernod pastis originated from absinthe, but absinthe was banned. The idea of anything being banned made me curious. I had my first absinthe shortly after it became available in the U.S. and loved it. A few places popped up where I used to live that specialized in absinthe, but, alas, they were short lived. That did give me a chance to try quite a few interesting absinthes; I decided Mata Hari and Grand Absinthe tasted odd, but the Jades were good. Reading through this forum has taught me that my instincts were correct. I have a nice order coming from Germany, and in the meantime, found Butterfly and Range Blanche at the local BevMo. The Range Verte was $20 more than elsewhere, so I decided to pass. I look forward to learning and sharing.

Mid-town had (and may still have) one bottle, and Arden had three (now two).

le5lieb: Mid-town had (and may still have) one bottle, and Arden had three (now two).

Edited by yasbean

Well yasbean, you're a lucky soul to have such an open minded Bevmo near you. I made a trip to mine and the best that I can do there is Lucid. I'm not up to the 8 hour trip to visit your local store, so I guess I'll have to pay for shipping.

Temecula is wine country. Finding much else requires driving or ordering online.