Sign in to follow this  
Amy Lewis

Hi From SW Florida

I've been wanting to try absinthe for a very long time, and the other day, quite on impulse while at my local liquor store I asked if they had it. They presented me with a bottle of Absente, and I bought it. It subsequently transpired that it does not have wormwood in it and has added sugar, and is but a poor imitation of the real thing. Smarting from this disappointment I went online to find the real thing. I ordered bottles of Absinthe Jade L'Esprit d'Edouard and Absinthe Jade 1901. Of course I also ordered an absinthe glass and spoon, and in time will order a fountain, when the one I want is back in stock.

I'm planning my introduction to absinthe in a certain way. As yet I've never even tasted it. For that experience I want my whole absinthe rig assembled and ready to go. Fountain, glasses, spoons, sugar cubes, and several bottles of the best absinthe I can find. Once I have all that assembled I will plan a special time and indulge. It goes without saying the good stuff isn't cheap, and I'm prepared to do this right. Recommendations are welcome.

"the good stuff isn't cheap"

Although... the good stuff is pretty much the same price as the mediocre and the crap...

Additionally, 1 bottle of absinthe is equal to about 6 bottles of wine in terms of glasses - so keep that in mind regarding price!

Thank you so much everyone :)

Since my first post I've gotten a fountain, and a number of good bottles of the real thing. I'm enjoying it all greatly.

So far my collection includes:

Jade 1901

Jade Nouvelle Orleans

Jade CF Berger

Jade Esprit Edouard

Jade VS 1898

Duplais Verte

La Clandestine

Vieux Pontarlier

Still on the way are:

Jade Terminus Oxygenee

Meadow of Love

I got the #2 Belle Epoch traditional fountain 4 spout from I heart absinthe, which is very well made and a joy to use :)