Aussie_Absinthe

Fountain - which one to buy

I got one through Alandia at Christmastime, because Phil was out of stock. All the parts were epoxied together, as was described by somebody in one of the older threads on this fountain. There are big ugly gobs of epoxy visible along the bottom, and God help me if it ever needs repair or adjustment. Also two of the spigot arms were humoursly bent out of shape, and required manual bendy-repair which I wasn't happy about at all, because I'm sure it weakend the metal.

I think Alandia must have had some old prototypes in stock and I got stuck with one, and can't complain to Phil becasue I got it from another source. :(

I have one of Pihl’s fountains too, I don’t know what would make me want to get rid of it… It’s really a gemstone, having its own altar in my living room. :)

Not one of my (uninitiated) friends has been able to keep from asking ”What the heck is THAT? Beautiful!” when seeing it for the first time.

I would strongly suggest to anyone looking for a fountain to DIY. I recently finished mine, and it was a lot cheaper than any of the replicas out there, plus it is 100% my style and I get that satisfaction of knowing I made something.

I bought a fountain but it was inexpensive and worked poorly. This one I put together with a 500ml separator funnel and ring along with some scrap material found around the house. Adjust to desired heighth and drip as slow as you have the patience. I cut the top off for adding ice. Works very well.

what are the size of the these new bowls? are they smaller ones?

As far as I know, they're all quite large - except for the small two-spigot fountains at the top, priced lower (one of the smaller ones was used for my glass of VS65 this evening).