• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -TJ-

-TJ-

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:45 AM

If so, I have a question...

I recently finished my first "frankenstrat" project, and everything came out fine... except the neck. The next day, I went to play it, but as soon as I saw it, I know that wasn't happening. I don't know if the neck has an issue (it appeared ok looking down and up it, but about half way down the fretboard, you can clearly see a shift with the strings. The low E looks as though it's closer to where A should be, and the high e is very close to being on the edge of the fretboard.

My first thought was to check the pocket to make sure there were no bumps, or debris I hadn't noticed. After taking the neck off, I lightly sanded the pocket to be safe, cleaned it thoroughly, and put it back together. That didn't do anything. It can be played, and holds a tune, but any bending or vibrato done on the high e is a gamble. I was hoping to fix this myself, since this is my first guitar project with total refinishing, but I'm really out of my element on this part! 

Attached File  Screen Shot 2015-11-08 at 11.31.48 AM.png   195.77KB   2 downloads 

Thanks

#2 -TJ-

-TJ-

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:48 AM

Attached File  Screen Shot 2015-11-08 at 11.32.06 AM.png   189.6KB   0 downloadsAnother pic...

Edited by -TJ-, 08 November 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#3 -TJ-

-TJ-

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:30 AM

Fixed.

#4 distill my beating heart

distill my beating heart

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:59 AM

Nice fingerboard/neck candy.

If we make it, we can sit back and relax...

#5 -TJ-

-TJ-

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:28 PM

Thanks. I'm really happy with it, especially for a first attempt. I'm definitely doing more of these!

#6 -TJ-

-TJ-

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:36 PM

Definitely a learning experience, but well worth it. Frankenstrat project: The PennyKaster

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association