Sign in to follow this  
TOLou

Absinthe and ? Food Pairing.

I am so excited, my fountain has arrived today, complete set with glasses, spoons sugar, the whole shebang!! :yahoo:Can't wait to get home and assemble. Will post pics and link to site I purchased from in case anyone else is interested.

I have yet to try Absinthe and the one I purchased was Lucid (only 2 available in Ontario and this was the better of the 2). I am planning to share with friends this weekend and wondering what kind of food/ noshes would you pair with Absinthe? Typically if we have wine / beer the cheese and crackers come out so I am wondering what is the best to pair with Absinthe.

Edited by TOLou

Wow, really? Oysters? I presume raw, which I also love....sounds like a good evening!!! Unpacked my special order, everything as expected. Exceptional quality in the fountain, glasses are from France, gorgous wormwood leaf spoons. Highly recommend Absintheonthenet.com if your looking for any wares or accesories! Poster, whathave you.Not sure how to post picture but go to this link to see the set I purchased. Delivered to Canada in 4 days! : http://www.absintheonthenet.com/Bistro-Metal-Absinthe-Fountain-Set-p/b4ss.htm

Wow, really? Oysters?

Absolutely.

Absinthe was included in the original recipe for Oysters Rockefeller, and I've tasted a few renditions prepared that way, which just seemed a bit more flavorful than those that substituted pastis.