Sign in to follow this  
The0Alchemist

Lucid Absinthe Supérieure Gatekeeper Mixology Kit

When I saw this announce a year ago I really wanted one but could not get it because I was not in the right location. I reached out to the company last week to see if they were available for purchase and the hooked me up. I have to say it rather nice, I wanting mostly for the bottle stopper but the little booklet might actually be my favorite part. It's go a brief history lesson and then some recipies and the last several pages are notebook style so you can work your own ideas out.

12038267_10207349993817920_120234386700212017497_10207349993537913_6024740545469

The balancier of thiers I got binds up cause the legs are too flimsy.

Store it upside down, otherwise, over time, the plastic legs will spread. Or, for a quick fix wrap a rubber band around the legs overnight to draw them back into correct position. Also a drop of olive or veg oil on the hinges for lubrication.

Put it in your pocket. That may help as well.

Point being, if it isn't designed well, it is not designed well. We should not have to resort to afro-engineering (pardon the use of the slang) in order to make what they did wrong right.

While I can appreciate SC's can do repair on the fly, it should not be necessary.

Just my pet peeve of less than steller products being sold rearing its ugly head.

Edited by greytail

Well to be fair the Lucid balancier wasn't exactly sold, at least not in my case. It was a free addition to the booze. In my state those gift sets with extras are the same price as just the bottle. So to me I'm not surprised their cost reducing measures in its construction because they literally give them away free.