Sign in to follow this  
RandyMarshCT

Brouilleurs

I'm new to the absinthe world and I'm quite interested in purchasing a brouilleur. However, I have no idea which type I should buy. I have glasses, spoons, and a fountain but I find that I like to have a glass when I get home from work and my wife doesn't share my interest in this spirit. For this reason, I'd like to have an alternative to setting up the fountain. I saw a video on youtube of a gentleman preparing a glass with a brouilleur and it has piqued my interest.

Does anyone use one that they particularly like? Is there a "best" kind?

The one I saw on the video had a little "see-saw" type component that seemed to work nicely. Is this something that I should avoid? I'm not opposed to spending some coin on something if it's worth the expense.

Just hoping to get some insight from the pros. Thank you in advance!

The glass brouilliers are awesome. Sometimes you need to place a marble in them to get a better(more slow and fine) stream and drip. The See Saw ones (Aka Cusenier Auto Verseur, Aka Brouilliers) are great too. I own both and love them. Then there's the Verse-Eau, it has a little place for your sugar below the reservoir, so if you use sugar that's great. Check out iheartabsinthe.com they have an awesome selection.

Edited by Cajun Magic

And I am a HUGE fan of the see-saw brouilleur, which is a close replica of the original Cusenier. It works great and is fun to watch. Guests love it.

I have glass and metal ones but I rarely use them. I prefer the see-saw.

Your mileage may differ. ;)