Sign in to follow this  
Mr Fianchetto

ms. absinthe mary jane

Are we allowed to talk about this on here?

One of my favorite weekend night activities is to sit on my patio, smoke a joint, sip on 2 or 3 glasses of absinthe, and let the mind wander. I find it to be a unique combination that puts me in a good place. I end up writing a lot.

Anyone else enjoy the same?

In the past, we avoided discussing marijuana. We felt (at the time) it could distract from our primary mission of absinthe education and getting the absinthe ban lifted in the US. If we wanted to be taken seriously, avoiding a drug culture mentality seemed wise. Times change. Most states have some form of medical marijuana availability, a few states have legalized recreational marijuana and I suspect marijuana reform will continue. To deny the existence of or ban the discussion of something so prevalent in our society seems silly. Maybe we'll soon have a thread dedicated to which strain goes best with which absinthe. :cheers:

Anyone else enjoy the same?

I used to enjoy, for a great long while i enjoyed the hell out of it. But, now, for employment reasons, I had to give it up, or I still would.

And, two months ago, gave up a twenty eight year tobacco habit. :drunk:

What Joe said. Times change, we must change with them. The Wormwood Society has never adopted a position on recreational drug use, but we do still work to dispel the myth that absinthe is or was a recreational drug. Absinthe's image in the mind of the general population is still deeply in need of reform.

While I see no harm in casual mention of marijuana use, I wouldn't want to see this place become the next Erowid. ;)

I usually use a pipe, but yes, it is something that I enjoy on a daily basis. It goes great with absinthe.

In my field you don't have to worry about being tested unless you want to work for one of the big corporations, which I don't.

The last time I indulged was election night of 1980.

After that (due to magical thinking), I figured I'd better quit while I was behind. :devil:

Edited by Absomphe

Indeed!

One of my earlier memories is of my dad lighting up a cigarette, looking at it intently, growling "FUCK YOU", and tossing it away, late in 1957. This after smoking 3-4 packs of Camel unfiltered for almost thirty years. He never smoked another one, and was inspired by cigarette commercials, at which he would swear vehemently, until they were yanked from TV in 1970.

Another former smoker here.

My Dad stopped in the same manner of the twin's Dad, but he quit alcohol and tobacco at the same time.

I used to want a clove every once in a while.... kinda like I used to do with Guinness.

But those cravings don't even happen any more and I'm grateful for that. I don't miss it.

I'd end with dropping the name of what I'm smokin', but....

:dev-cheers:

My Dad stopped in the same manner of the twin's Dad, but he quit alcohol and tobacco at the same time.

Given his surly disposition when he drank, I wish my dad had made it a two fer one, as well.

Thanks all for the encouragements. :arrr:

My birthday this coming 17th, will be 100 days off nicotine for me. I still sometimes, for just a quick second or two, find myself 'looking for it', and then I realize, I don't do that anymore, and carry on.

As for the other, well, I surely would, if I could, but I can't, so I don't. But when I did.... it sure was good... :biggrin: :wheelchair: :reaper:

Being the spoilt brat that I am, I get mine for nothing... (my grower likes me B)) or I wouldn't smoke nearly as much as I do.

Yo, keep up the great work, SC. I have no doubts you'll make it your bitch if that's what you want. :thumbup:

I'd make you that deal..... regarding all sorts of things. :devil: B)

And after popping off with something like that, I'm sure it's obvious that I'm enjoying a little bit of all things green this evening. :blush:

Although, I must admit, it's making the evening much more amenable.

Popping off, eh? Hmmmm... :shifty: :devil:

Seriously not really) though, considering the seven months that response took to be forthcoming (so to speak), I'd hardly call that off the proverbial cuff. :laugh: :cheers:

And, two months ago, gave up a twenty eight year tobacco habit. :drunk:

And thankfully for me, I'm still off the nicotine.

And unfortunately, the other as well.

You have no idea just how hard it can be on a girl to repress the urge to respond instantly.

It's a fine line to walk, being me and not crossing over into "I'm gonna get spanked for that one" land. :devil:

G says 'casual mentioning' and definitions vary... although it has been way too long since I've been spanked and I could get a lot of mileage out of a memorable spanking right about now and now that spanking is on my mind it's going to be distracting me all day, but I digress. :paperbag3:

If it will make you feel better about it, please allow me to reassure you that withholding all the wiseass shit that goes through my head most of the time breaks me out in a rasshh.

SC, I'll indulge enough for the both of us. ;) (And good on ya!)