Sign in to follow this  
speedle

I need an absinthe fountain quick!

So, I'm having an absinthe-only party this coming friday, and it JUST dawned on me this morning that a fountain would be mighty darn useful. I've never really thought about buying one before now, since it's usually just me or me and my wife, etc. So, off to Amazon, eBay, blah blah, and not ONE can I buy that will get to me in time. Or at least, have a reasonable assurance of getting to the tundra up here by thursday afternoon.

Does anyone here have one they'd sell me, lend me, or something like that? I suppose once I had one I'd find a use for it, but I really want to make my Jade Terminus night go smoothly for the 6 or so of us that will be here, and even a two spigot fountain is better than none I think. So, hoping for a WS miracle here! Thanks!

OK, after talking to my wife, I should probably specify, in the manner of beggars who are attempting to be choosers, that I'm looking for a glass fountain. And bauble, Cheers!

If you're looking for a multi-spigot setup for guests, then yes nothing but an absinthe fountain will suffice. For just yourself or you and one guest though, I'd like to suggest looking for vintage beverage dispensers. I have a beautiful tall glass and silverplate piece from the 1950s that I did very well on. The drip control is really fantastic. For around the same price as some Alandia plastic-spigot fountain you can have something remarkable :)

Ah, just reread your post. You need one ASAP! Hmm. Well you may be able to call a domestic absinthe paraphernalia website directly and request fast shipping for an additional fee. If not, go the classic route and use a carafe! Get a carafe with a very fine, controlled stream and offer to pour it for your guests(at least in the beginning of the night) :)

Edited by DanPatrick

Thanks Dan, those are some really good thoughts. At this point I've resigned myself to no fountain, I've got one of these, that I've been using for many years

2804608014_ec145fb1e0_z.jpg

Which seems to work really well, albeit one glass at a time.

Partially frozen or chilled water bottles might work as well. It probably won't be the presentation you were looking for but it could be a little more hands on, and educational. I think a large cooler with ice will keep them all pretty cool...depending on how long the party goes. You can always adjust the flow rate on a lid and by squeezing the bottle.