Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

Florida retail chain marketing "effects"

This Florida chain of 140 stores has this nonsense to say :

http://blog.abcfws.com/2015/03/05/transcend-with-absinthe/

ts powerful ingredient is thujone. Naturally occurring in the wormwood plant, thujone leaks into absinthe when the drink is produced from the plant. Thujone’s mystery still remains, however, because no one knows exactly how it does its magic.

Hey, if they want to improve absinthe sales, they should start with improving selection:

http://www.abcfws.com/catalog/search.cmd

Just so this thread makes sense in the future, in case they radically alter the article linked in the OP.

TRANSCEND WITH ABSINTHE

Posted on March 5, 2015 by allies2015 under absinthe, cocktails

You should drink absinthe because Johnny Depp drinks it. Well, for a short scene in the movie From Hell he drinks absinthe, but shouldn’t that be reason enough? It’s kind of a cool beverage, and it’s certainly mysterious enough to pique interest on whether or not it actually delivers the infamous effects. Past drinkers have reported:

– Clear-headed inebriation

– Surge of creativity

– Mental discovery

– Intuitive comprehension

– Heightened sensory perception

– Senses bleeding into one another

Sheesh, it seems like the only thing this mystical drink doesn’t do is make you thinner or prettier! Its powerful ingredient is thujone. Naturally occurring in the wormwood plant, thujone leaks into absinthe when the drink is produced from the plant. Thujone’s mystery still remains, however, because no one knows exactly how it does its magic.

Thujone has been said to be the “spiritual substance,” transporting the mind to another corridor of consciousness. Drinkers say that once consumed, there is a direct pathway to a “higher intelligence.” This is where all the “gifts” of absinthe are bestowed.

This substance, thujone, is scientifically thought to slow synapses. By removing the obstacles that prevent the normal rate of analyzing thought, thujone can place the mind in a susceptible-to-creativity, slow-paced state. Absinthe apparently gives the human mind free reign. The emotional and primal subconscious stirs awake and begins to operate together with our conscious awareness. This explains the reported “perception of reality on various levels.” The artistic, logical and emotional parts of our brain can all coexist harmoniously (if only for the duration of the “absinthe spell.”)

But doesn’t all of this come at a cost? Not at ABC! We’ve got great prices and huge stocks of absinthe for you and your party to knock back and become enlightened

This recipe will get you a one-way ticket to Illumination Station:

Absinthe Sense

1 oz. Grune Fee (Green Fairy) Absinthe
.25 oz. Anisette
Garnish: Mint sprig, for garnish
Glass: Julep

Shake the absinthe and anisette in a shaker with ice until chilled. Strain into a julep cup filled with crushed ice. Garnish with the mint sprig. Discover your senses!

You could also combine it with Whiskey or Guinness for a mind-illuminating St. Paddy’s day. It seems like a way better option than green food coloring to make green beer! Any way you decide to drink it today, let us know in the comments below what you find when you experience absinthe!

Allie Smallwood, ABC Fine Wine & Spirits marketing copywriter

What a bunch of rubbish. I'm sure Gwydion covered the bases but my personal favorite is "This substance, thujone, is scientifically thought". I've always thought things were scientifically proven or not.

Oh... And just because my mind works in mysterious ways, I sure hope Allie's brother's name isn't Richard.

My comments are awaiting moderation. Thanks, Louchey. :cheers:

It appears your comments are are not welcome. Still nothing 6 days later... a real shame. Do you care to post those comments here?

As usual from shill sites and crap journalism, corrections are not welcome. Just look at how many new "absinthe" blogs pop up a week and don't leave any ability to comment.

I understand needing to moderate comments a spam is everywhere now but a legit critique is just that and only cowards would hide it.

We put pics of the top quality brand "Absente" to represent absinthe in our blog, which proves we know what we're talking about - ABC Fine Wine

Edited by AbsintheWolf

I'm drinking now one of my "suggestions" ... I'd like to give credit where it is due: Brown Derby here in Springfield, Missouri (hardly the absinthe capital of the world) eagerly supplied me with me with quality absinthe and even solicited advice concerning the better absinthes. That's customer service and others should do so in kind.

This Florida chain of 140 stores has this nonsense to say :

http://blog.abcfws.com/2015/03/05/transcend-with-absinthe/

ts powerful ingredient is thujone. Naturally occurring in the wormwood plant, thujone leaks into absinthe when the drink is produced from the plant. Thujone’s mystery still remains, however, because no one knows exactly how it does its magic.

Hey, if they want to improve absinthe sales, they should start with improving selection:

http://www.abcfws.com/catalog/search.cmd

Precisely the point I made to them NUMEROUS times! I asked at the stores when they might be offering real absinthes, and they pointed me to the shelf on which sat Absente and Grune Fee. When I tried to explain to them that these were not real absinthe the manager cut me off and said "Well we don't see a lot of demand for absinthe. No kidding! Given what they are offering I am hardly surprised! The manager wasn't interested in hearing me out. They just buy by category as cheaply as they can and are not willing to extend themselves beyond that. Such a pity....